Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
jkt, the I&M folks were so kind in assisting us last year for the 89th event (books, travels to Glendale, welcome when we arrive, etc.). I just sent M/M Bell a note for the Echoes hc, signed. Thanks for the info!
f

Yes, Malcolm and Christine Bell are nice people who are dedicated to Ray.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, Ordered one today. Thank you much for the info. Smiler

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The publisher had made a major, for the good, change to the hard cover book. It has been upgraded to a double signed limited edition of 250 books. Approximatly 200 of the 250 books will be at the June 26th launch party. The other major change is the price, which is now $75. People who have pre-ordered will get an email giving them options. The advantage of this book being purchased from the signing event is that it will have a third signature, that of Frank Black aka Black Francis of the Pixies, who wrote the introduction.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The publisher had made a major, for the good, change to the hard cover book. It has been upgraded to a double signed limited edition of 250 books. Approximatly 200 of the 250 books will be at the June 26th launch party. The other major change is the price, which is now $75. People who have pre-ordered will get an email giving them options. The advantage of this book being purchased from the signing event is that it will have a third signature, that of Frank Black aka Black Francis of the Pixies, who wrote the introduction.

Oh. Okay. I guess that clarifies my email question to you of about twenty minutes ago!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Thanks for all the support with this new book. Ray just got a copy and loves it, if that is any sign!

I'm really proud of this thing. My heart is all over it. Money matters not. It shows you a new sign to the man we know and love.

The signing at Mystery and Imagination is going to rock. Black Francis from the Pixies? Oh my God! Check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRrTl2J2w8

Black Franics is playing the same weekdn in LA at the Min on Pico. I'm goin! Let's party!

Thanks to the AMAZING JKT for all the help.

SEE YOU ALL SOON!

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Weller:
Hi All:

Thanks for all the support with this new book. Ray just got a copy and loves it, if that is any sign!

I'm really proud of this thing. My heart is all over it. Money matters not. It shows you a new sign to the man we know and love.

The signing at Mystery and Imagination is going to rock. Black Francis from the Pixies? Oh my God! Check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRrTl2J2w8

Black Franics is playing the same weekdn in LA at the Min on Pico. I'm goin! Let's party!

Thanks to the AMAZING JKT for all the help.

SEE YOU ALL SOON!

I have only two weeks to find Cult of Ray on vinyl...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
...I have only two weeks to find Cult of Ray on vinyl...

Straight to eBay, where it's a snip at $99.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/frank-blac...&hash=item1e5b43d13e

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

CD won't do?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

CD won't do?

Never!!!

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Never!!!

I have a turntable and a couple hundred vinyls too, so I understand.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Check out the upcoming events on the Melville House Publishing page (right side) for Listen to the Echoes.

http://mhpbooks.com/book.php?id=362

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is more information about the book launch. Ray has confirmed that he will move heaven and earth to be there.

John King Tarpinian

ImageBRADBURY_EVENT_IN_LA_.jpg (211 Kb, 11 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Here are a few more glimpses of the book. Sam Weller had the idea to have portraits of Ray's "Metaphors" at the front of each section in LISTEN TO THE ECHOES. Each photo connects to the chapter. We enlisted the incredible Zen Sekizawa who took the Bradbury "still-lifes" you see here in full color (B&W in the book itself):

http://www.stopsmilingbooks.co...en-to-the-echoes.php

Enjoy,

John

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...620,0,5057681.column

John King Tarpinian