Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Mr. Dark "accusation."

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr. Dark "accusation."
 Login/Join

posted
I understand just fine, thank you. Even your hero can make a mistake. I have not accused Bradbury of anything. He, in asking for their return, has accused Moore of taking his title and his novel. Utter nonsense. I do not know if Bradbury's accusation stems from calculated publicity hunting, senility, financial greed, inflated ego, political motivations, or the influence of some opportunistic lawyer friend - I simply don't know, so I make no accusations. You may even think of other possibillities. Whatever the motivaqtion, the accusation is wrong and if pursued by any means, legal or merely moral suasion, it is negative in its effect.

Old Friend

Posts: 6 | Location: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The issue is on the table. Moore has publicly stated he got the title from Bradbury's book. There is no controversy over that. Given that, I don't understand your post.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury has stated that he does not desrie, nor would he accept any profits from the movie, and he has also stated that this is not based on the political standpoint Moore takes, and to the best of my knowledge has not seen the movie so after a quick glance at your list I have noticed you can remove "financial greed" and "political motivations"

Posts: 99 | Location: LaPorte, Indiana, United States of America | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post