Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Magic Moments in Movies
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magic Moments in Movies
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Pardon me while I tidy up the monitor screen. Ahem…

Yes but I’ll always have Schenectady.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31, in my mind's eye I am imagining your corner of the room where you have your computer. To one side, the left, of your monitor is a bottle of 409 next to a bottle of glass cleaner (the 409 is for the heavier coffee spews) and to the right side of your monitor is two, or maybe three, rolls of paper towels at the ready. Once you had a square of shower curtain hanging over the monitor to protect it, but it was so darn hard to see through you got rid of it.

How correct am I?????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need all the janitorial supplies possible, for the potential for disaster is great when there is the tick…tick…tick of the Braling II in the vicinity. Sort of like the crock in Peter Pan. In short—Bingo.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now wait a minute! Braling II can't get all the glory. I thought that I had made a comment once that lost you a mouthful.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your right, biplane1, you and Braling II and Rocket and…

Boy, the board is rampant with merriment isn’t it?

posted Hide Post
I have a fig tree right next to me that I never have to water because when I spew, I turn my head and use the tree. I think my tree hates me...Frowner

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go fig-ure.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stumbling back on topic: The final moment in “Mercury Rising”, a film about an autistic boy, with Bruce Willis. This film could have been a car chase but turns out to be a gentle study.

posted Hide Post
Spew is...NOT a good word.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peter Sellers in "The Party", the white shoe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN8FjyvrHY4&mode=related&search=

...and when he's dying to go to the bathroom while Claudine Longet is singing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cak9bZpn4uQ

Recognise the waiter in the first clip?
It's none other than Steven Franken, a.k.a. Chatsworth Osborne, Jr. from "Dobie Gillis"!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankenstein (1931), when the Monster first enters the room.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AND THE SUBSEQUENT SERIES OF CLOSEUPS!

posted Hide Post
That too!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The closing scenes in Big Fish, when William completes his father Edward Bloom's life story. He is at his father's hospital bedside. Edward asks his son how his story will end. The son now becomes the storyteller, and the myth making passes into his hands

In the final funeral scene William realizes that there was far more truth to all of Edward's tales than he had ever given credit.
--------------------

Also, the closing scene in October Sky when Homer Hickam, Sr., finally views the efforts of his son's years of hard work. With most of their small town looking on, Sonny (Homer Jr.) asks his father to do the honors of launching his final and most powerful rocket. .

Both really worth viewing with the whole family!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Fish, directed by Tim Burton, was a wonderful movie. Off-topic, but Burton would be great at filming anything of Ray's.

Looks like we need to rent October Sky sometime.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post