Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Bradbury and Walt Disney

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury and Walt Disney
 Login/Join

posted
hi! i'm new here, and i'm a big fan of ray bradbury (the only other reason to post here other than that is to be a total asshole disrupting people trying to share a common interest for their own pathetic enjoyment *cough*'raybradburyissenile'*cough*) but i am just as big a fan of many of the friends he had in hollywood--Gene Kelly, Rod Serling, and, especially, Walt Disney. He's really one of the few people that i think truly understands walt disney. he understands that walt wasn't just some phony public figure who was only trying to make money. he had a vision, especially in disneyland and epcot. for those of you who haven't i suggest u pick up a copy of the dvd set "Walt Disney Treasures: Tomorrowland". it features walt's original filmed epcot pitch and has an OVER TWENTY-MINUTE INTERVIEW with ray about walt's vision and legacy. Watching this, i realized just how much the too men are alike. it's incredible. ray just chose to focus on writing, rather than film or theme parks (although he DID design Spaceship Earth for Epcot, easily the best ride in the park; unfortunately there are plans to replace the interior by Eisner & Co.). Ray also participated in the documentary "Walt: The Man Behind The Myth." The creative vision of these people and the creative energy is not something you can explain over the internet, or even in words; you have to have that creative energy to understand it. as a young artist/filmmaker/writer i think i do. but anyway, post any thoughts on walt and ray's relationship, their similarities/ differences/their legacy here.

----------------------
"You come to a point where you don't work for the money"
--Walt Disney,
visionary

"...our only goal is to make money"
--Micheal Eisner,
enemy of visionaries everywhere

Roy Disney's savedisney.com
'for future generations'

[This message has been edited by scarywarhol (edited 12-07-2004).]

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all, scary, welcome to the board. We always like to hear from new people who are fellow lovers of Ray's work. Secondly, I have never studied Walt Disney, unless you count growing up religiously watching his show that used to be on Sunday nights, but you have certainly peaked my interest in him and given me something to look into, which I always enjoy. Thirdly, in another post I believe I read that you are only 14 years old. Am I remembering correctly? If so, I must compliment you on your skill at writing. Your posts are by far some of the most well-written and thoughtful writing I have read in years for someone who is fourteen. I know--I teach middle school literature and English, and some of their essays are so poorly written I just tear my hair out. I keep hanging in there and trying, but it can be a daunting task. You are a truly gifted writer, from both a mechanical standpoint and from the level of your thinking and reasoning as well. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! yes, I'm 14. The fact that you post on this board is proof that there are still teachers out there who care about what they're teaching. It's nice to know!

----------------------
"You come to a point where you don't work for the money"
--Walt Disney,
visionary

"...our only goal is to make money"
--Michael Eisner,
enemy of visionaries everywhere

Roy Disney's savedisney.com
'for future generations'

[This message has been edited by scarywarhol (edited 12-08-2004).]

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For your benefit, I have bumped up the "Ray Bradbury Sacrilege" thread in "Resources," which contains a lot of Rod Serling information.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank u!