Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I would have done, if only I looked at television. Tell us about it.

I like that you look at television (or don't, as the case may be). I prefer to WATCH it Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that you like that I look at television.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's not to like!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Look at" is to "watch" as "hear" is to "listen"; the former of each pair being passive, and the latter active.

So there.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"Look at" is to "watch" as "hear" is to "listen"; the former of each pair being passive, and the latter active.

I'm rarely active when I look at television!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Sometimes he would walk for hours and
miles and return only at midnight to his house. And
on his way he would see the cottages and homes with
their dark windows, and it was not unequal to
walking through a graveyard where only the faintest
glimmers of firefly light appeared in flickers behind
the windows. Sudden gray phantoms seemed to
manifest upon inner room walls where a curtain was
still undrawn against the night, or there were
whisperings and murmurs where a window in a tomb-like
building was still open."

...the former of each pair being passive... Exactly!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes!...and there may be hope for Pittsfield!
http://berkshireonstage.com/20...enheit-451-in-april/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl, nice source! I will study it more carefully in the coming days and make some references.

I have been asked for a return presentation on this theme (1st was during Banned Book Week). RB's writings (Pedestrian, Chicago Abyss, Exiles, and F451 are the centerpieces of my content. I display many RB items from over the years along with a wide range of "banned books" to amaze those in attendance of the authors who have felt the flames in one way or another (IE., ...Animal Farm, Mockingbird, All Quiet, Romeo & Juliet, Huck Finn, Scarlet Letter, Night, Lord of the Flies, Giver, Gatsby, Separate Peace, and Mr. B's Martian Chronicles and F451 - the ultimate irony!).

We conclude the event with a quick view of "Usher II" from RBT. It makes for good discussion and always needed support of our small town's fine public library!!

Thanks.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've got a great gig, Butch!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Ol' Pard! Fifty days to go on this trail. It has been a long one...yet fine. The final ridge nears each day.

posted Hide Post
My friend and I are doing sci-fi blogs. Were just getting started off and would love to hear some suggestions of good sci-fi novels from bradbury of any other novel you enjoyed. The link to our blog is below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!wblackwood001's blog

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every bit as bad as a book "signed" with a rubber stamp.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

Although I rather liked Ray's approach after his stroke and before he learned how to sign again: he would use an ink blotter and give a thumbprint!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

Although I rather liked Ray's approach after his stroke and before he learned how to sign again: he would use an ink blotter and give a thumbprint!

At least that's real and original and not a duplicate.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post