Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Today is bubble wrap appreciation day. Is there anyone among us who has not popped a sheet or two of that great toy?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...Is there anyone among us who has not popped a sheet or two of that great toy?

Anyone who has missed out can try this!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dandelion:
Maybe just that some people will steal anything that isn't red hot or nailed down.[/QUOTE

In this case, there are people who gather to watch this ceremony.

Could it have taken 60 years for the guy to catch on that he was being watched and have an attack of shyness?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per your above site..AHHH! Thanks a lot, Phil!?!

After almost forty hours of non-stop popping, in all colors and with all variations of design and rapidity, my wife finally pulled the plug on the computer screen. I am feeling much better now that I have had a few hours of sleep and a hot cup of coffee!

However, I don't think I got ALL of THEM...!
(RB's ~ "Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl")

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the chain reaction option most satisfying. One click, and the whole lot set to popping. Much finger energy thus saved!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who else misses Carson?

This is wonderful!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, Thanks for posting this, I miss Carson and others too.
Carol Burnett Outakes Tim Conway's Elephant story--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLMGke89NI

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A company named AudioForum is having a clearance sale. They have a interview CD with Ray Bradbury.

On the site, click where it says Great Literature.

http://audioforum.com/index.php

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Carol Burnett Outakes Tim Conway's Elephant story--

I saw this back in the seventies. Loved it then, and again now. That dialogue was entirely made up by Conway on the spot. Such a talent.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As we men try to spend as little actual time as possible inside the Hallmark store over the next two weeks (buying Valentine’s Day cards) we must remember that Maxwell Smart’s secret agent cover was that of a greeting card salesmen.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received a call that there was a F451 question last night on Jeopardy. Being under 80 years old I did not catch this broadcast.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
I just received a call that there was a F451 question last night on Jeopardy. Being under 80 years old I did not catch this broadcast.

If your government work ever falters, you can make it as a comedian - that was funny!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
A company named AudioForum is having a clearance sale. They have a interview CD with Ray Bradbury.

On the site, click where it says Great Literature.

http://audioforum.com/index.php

Thanks Linnl! I pointed, clicked, and purchased!

Please do say so if you happen upon another.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, DS: Yeah!
"What is 'My mom never misses a show all week!', Alex?"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has Ray voiced his reaction to the Obama decision to gut the Space Program?
Anyone know?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post