Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nard, I guess you didn't have to sit on the sidewalk after all - unless your camera has a very long lens on it!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic: Well, that's right! And then there is:

"When objects move away from us, they are not really moving away, but getting smaller. And by getting smaller they acquire a greater 3rd dimensionalism. By becoming smaller, they also become infinitely difficult to touch. So that, for instance, looking across hills to another part of the city, and seeing a house way yonder, what actually happened is that house is infinitely smaller and thus impossible to touch or reach because of a particular relationship within the 3rd dimension."
~Albert Mindsieze

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NOW I understand...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad I didn't find this a bit sooner... Closing date for this is February 15th, 2007

http://www.pangeaday.org/

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard a thing about this!
Neat idea, though it's really not as world-embracing as it sounds. Out of the six (?) billion folks on the planet, it's still a minority who have access to either the means to make a film and/or the means to view a film.
They do mention showing the thing on cell phones, though, and I believe every one of the six billion people on the planet has one of those - except me!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a minute, Pard! No TV "and" no c-phone!?

Do you also take walks along the empty, leaf-covered sidewalks at night?

Well, then! That'd be two of us -- on all accounts!

Remember these? http://www.oldphones.com/catalog/554_little.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. I'm working on a steam-powered computer too. I do take walks at night, but our neighbourhood doesn't even have sidewalks!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
They do mention showing the thing on cell phones, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Remember these? http://www.oldphones.com/catalog/554_little.jpg

A photo of BII at work.

And I think this is more BII's type of phone!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, you got it! Also, few realize that long before his technological metamorphosis and captivation of all things advanced, Braling II (actually "John R. Braling") came from a humble rural upbringing:
http://www.truecowboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/CowboyKid.jpg

A true Ray Bradbury metaphorian.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw, shucks!

posted Hide Post
Are you sure that's Braling II?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. Could be Braling I. Someone put an ear to his chest and listen for the tickticktick...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
The future of America?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and here's som MORE from the Left:

(Let me know if'n you city folk need me to eplain what this here veehickle is.)

ImagePromisesPromises.JPG (72 Kb, 11 downloads)