Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Concerning women: what are some of Ray's best short stories that feature a good woman's part?...

The Homecoming?
I Sing the Body Electric?
The Wilderness?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
The Homecoming?
I Sing the Body Electric?
The Wilderness?

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Day It Rained Forever
Ylla
The Cistern
There Was An Old Woman
The Illustrated Woman

The one about the woman who couldn't convince the kids that she had ever been young

(These, obviously, just off the top of my head...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
The Day It Rained Forever
Ylla
The Cistern
There Was An Old Woman
The Illustrated Woman

The one about the woman who couldn't convince the kids that she had ever been young

(These, obviously, just off the top of my head...)

Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nef, in the novella Somewhere A Band Is Playing.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many great women in the novels!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The live broadcast of the Hugo's just started.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/worldcon1

I'm rooting for Rachel Bloom.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The live broadcast of the Hugo's just started.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/worldcon1

I'm rooting for Rachel Bloom.

Rachel lost to some schlock program named Doctor Who. Frowner

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jerry Weist collection at auction...including Ray related stuff.

http://www.artdaily.org/index...._sec=2&int_new=48103

The auction catalog is now online:

http://historical.ha.com/commo...eist6069-temaa082211

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you happen to have a copy of the "Guinness Book of Essential Facts" and look under 'best authors of America.' You will find the world famous author named ROY Bradbury.

I guess somebody had an extra pint of Guinness before starting his typesetting shift.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
...You will find the world famous author named ROY Bradbury...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Took my friend Arlene Martel (T'Pring on Star Trek) over to visit with and read to Ray. They adored each other, and after she read The April Witch, Ray declared it "the best that anybody's ever read to me." I think she floated out to the car.

I dared to follow that with the opening chapter of Dandelion Wine. I did ok, I guess.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Wow, you know her? She has one of the most intriguing faces.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Wow, you know her? She has one of the most intriguing faces.

I met her through GCJ. Very exotic looking, indeed! And very sweet. We hang out from time to time. I won't post the photo here, being respective of Ray's privacy, but I'll email you a copy if you fancy.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Please!