Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Phil told me all he knows off the record, but if you have anything to add off the record I'd be glad to hear it.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Phil told me all he knows off the record, but if you have anything to add off the record I'd be glad to hear it.

Call me. Phone number's on my Facebook. I retire at 9.30!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Above and beyond the critical statements in Listen to the Echoes (S. Weller) interviews (pg.59-63)?

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what Doug knows, but if he heard it from Ray it probably goes a bit further than in Sam's book(s). But there's also another side, which Sam has not written about, and I don't think anyone else has.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Above and beyond the critical statements in Listen to the Echoes (S. Weller) interviews (pg.59-63)?

I haven't read that book yet.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
But there's also another side, which Sam has not written about, and I don't think anyone else has.

Where did you hear this other side from?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
http://www.amazon.com/Ray-Brad...2&pf_rd_i=0156421178

Not sure if this has been posted previously. A brief TZ comment included.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...Where did you hear this other side from?

Not hear. Read. Original correspondence from the time. Unpublished.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
...Not sure if this has been posted previously. A brief TZ comment included.

I assume you're referring to the video clip. I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for posting!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I don't know what Doug knows, but if he heard it from Ray it probably goes a bit further than in Sam's book(s). But there's also another side, which Sam has not written about, and I don't think anyone else has.

Has Bonk Johnson ever been heard from again?

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had some further email correspondence with her (sharing my own research findings, and my conclusions which differed slightly from hers), but I didn't get a reply from my last message. I'll try to renew contact when I have some time.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Anybody had a spare $45,000 to buy a great Bradbury collection?

http://www.qbbooks.com/Nelson%20Bond%20Collection.pdf

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Anybody had a spare $45,000 to buy a great Bradbury collection?

I'm looking, I'm looking!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Shouldn't some of this stuff end up at the center for Ray Bradbury studies?

posted Hide Post
That would assume that CRBS has any money!

- Phil