Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
From Norman Corwin's website:

For those of us who have listened to the works of Norman Corwin and have been inspired by the words of this poetic genius a collection of his most famous radio works comes just at the right time. Norman Corwin’s Centennial , set to be released on April 14th 2010 by Radio Spirits, will transport our ears and minds back in time to classics such as the Bill of Rights Special: We Hold These Truths, The Undecided Molecule, The Plot To Overthrow Christmas and others.

In addition, a nice accompaniment to the CD is a Program Guide, written by Michael James Kacey which contains information and photographs of this radio legend.

Whether you’re rediscovering the words of Norman Corwin all over again or experiencing the history of The Poet Laureate of Radio for the first time, this is the one CD that should definitely be added to your collection as we get ready to celebrate the 100th birthday of Norman Corwin on May 3rd.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Right now it is in the back of the car being protected from the rain.

Rain? It stopped out here yesterday! Finally.

Lucky visitor - I had a little group who were planning on trying to go Saturday last, but Dave Kershner had to go back to Seattle, so we must reschedule. We wanted to show him a clip of the FR ELECTRICO documentary, and perhaps give him a gift or two.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hehe, I am so proud of myself! I started a local chapter of "The Order of the Owl", (A writing club that dates back to ancient Roman times), and I already have 20 inductees writing submissions from all across my lovely state. The human mind is such a wonderful device.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Taking context out of text, and what are you left with?
A con.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original "Laurel and Hardy Love Affair": Maybe Mr. B would enjoy this old telescast, jkt!?

http://www.archive.org/details...HardywithCommercials

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In honor of yesterday's date of 01/11/11, Robert A. Heinlein had a triple-digit date for a birthday--July 7, 1907. He passed away on May 8, 1988. Had he lived just three more months he could have had a matching death date, too.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
The original "Laurel and Hardy Love Affair": Maybe Mr. B would enjoy this old telescast, jkt!?

http://www.archive.org/details...HardywithCommercials

Is that a bottle of Complexion Glow I see there in the bathroom?
It really is Long-Lasting!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:

Did anyone else enjoy the 24 hour L&H rare shorts marathon on TCM Tuesday night? I believe Mr B did. I DVR'd the whole thing!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Not me. Try as I might, those rabbit ears just wouldn't pull in a signal from this vast distance.

Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Not me. Try as I might, those rabbit ears just wouldn't pull in a signal from this vast distance.

No TCM in UK?!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Actually, we DO have TCM, but only on pay platforms. I don't have the channel myself, as I don't find it worth paying for. The programming isn't the same as the US version. Generally less original programming and less themed content.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The January 24th issue of TIME magazine has a little blurb about Ray and 451 on Page 20's "brief history" section on Playboy.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Doug, why?

Posts: 16 | Location: Greentown | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three degrees of Golden Globe seperation:
Joe Mantagna played Gomez in the original stage production and the movie The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit. Tonight, Miss Golden Globe is Joe's daughter, Mia Mantegna.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post