Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Some Karloff stuff which may be of interest to collectors hereabouts.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While walking the dogs this morning I saw my first Monarch butterfly of the year. It had just landed on a dandelion. That has to be some sort of sign.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
That has to be some sort of sign.

It's a sign that I'm going to miss the Martian play this summer.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, that sign means, don't let your dogs pee on the dandelions.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
jkt, that sign means, don't let your dogs pee on the dandelions.

My girls would never think of deflowering a dandelion.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Dr. Seuss!

Read Across America Day is March 2, the birthday of Dr. Seuss.

“A person’s a person, no matter how small. Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained and delighted.” -- Dr. Suess

——Theodor Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
Since 1997, the National Education Association has sponsored Read Across America Day, encouraging each of us to read to a child on the birthday of Dr. Seuss.

If you have yet to read The Veldt to a child this would be a good day to do so...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Looky what I got for yet another going-away present last night from the delightful jkt!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
?

!

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
?

? do you mean, ?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????YES DOUGLAS???????????????

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Knox's reply is very affirmative!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
NPR had a nice news article this morning about the typewriter and how techno-geeks are going back to them for the sheer pleasure. Being one who has gone back one step further, to the fountain pen, I thought this would be enjoyed by others here. Remember, some of our favorite books were banged out on manual typewriters. If you are going to the UCLA/L.A. Times Festival of Books this April make sure to go to room 60, in the basement of the Powell Library...where you will see the plaque commemorating Fahrenheit 451 having been written in the typing room. (Take the East stairwell, the room is the first one on the left.)

http://www.npr.org/templates/s...oryId=100900163[/url

A week ago, I learned that Jerry Pournelle wrote the first novel using a computer. That computer is now in the Smithsonian.

As one who has been lucky enough to lay hands on Mr. B's IBM Selectric I can say that I appreciate them even more.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Yet, another day gone by (To the Chicago Abyss, Pedestrian, Murderer, Usher II, Exiles, etc...)

http://ke-mp.com/2007/09/29/co...is-typewriter-scene/

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winning recipe of the 15th Annual Dandelion Festival Cookoff:

Dandelion and Artichoke Spread

1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1 ¼ c. dandelion greens, chopped
1 ½ c. cooked chicken, prepackaged or canned, chopped
2 cans artichoke (13.75 oz. can, drained and chopped)
1/3 c. red bell pepper, chopped fine
¼ c. onion, finely chopped
½ tsp. garlic powder
¾ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

1 sm. Loaf French bread, pita triangles or crackers

In a large mixing bowl, place mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, dandelion greens, chicken, artichokes, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Stir until well mixed. Place in a well greased 9 x 13” glass baking dish. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve with bread, pita or crackers.

They sell Dandelion wine, too: www.breitenbachwine.com

John King Tarpinian