Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Next stop, Willoughby!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Spiderman-3 special midnight preview showing. It was awesome, if a touch too long.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spidey 3 was great--me an' the kids just got home from it. Man, I learned so much from that comic. "With great power, must come great responsibility."

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Next stop, Willoughby!

That was a great episode.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nico.

velvet underground.

can anyone else see it?

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
Nico.

velvet underground.

can anyone else see it?

You never know, wild. I may just be he of whom you speak.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"There's something neat about a hole in your sweater. It kinda makes a guy look tougher."
-Theodore Cleaver

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that really is miscellaneous!

Here http://youtube.com/watch?v=nzUVFeccbtg is Zero Mostel on "The Muppet Show." A real Edgar Allan Poe, Ray Bradbury, "Twilight Zone" moment!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Cool!
Do you think Zero modelled his image after Karloff's in "The Old Dark House"?

ImageOldDarkHouse.jpg (10 Kb, 11 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know who came up with what there. The poem seems to have been written specially for that skit, and has a great Poe-like quality.

posted Hide Post
Here's some real miscellany:
SVEN & OLE TOMORROW MORNING!
Ja, sure!
In answer to a steadily diminishing number of reqvests, dat Nordic Duo vill be singing vunce again for you dose silly Scandihoovian songs dat you've been yust aching to hear again, by yimminy.

Friday, June 15th (tomorrow)
KSCO AM 1080, 8:30 - 9:00 pst

You can listen on line at
http://www.ksco.com/

Uff Da!

posted Hide Post
Braling II, for all of the 28 years that I lived in Minnesota I never learned what "Uff Da" meant. And the audacity of you using it on Ray's web site. I want a show of hands right now--how many has ever heard the term "Uff Da?

And now I am waiting your definition, Braling II.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane,
Audacity, eh?.Uff da! Actually, growing up, I heard it used by my Scandihoovian relatives in much the same circumstances as you'd hear "Crikey!", "Sheesh!", or "For cryin' out loud!"; usually, but not always, connected with frustration rather than amazement or something.
Here's Wikipedia's take on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uff_da

posted Hide Post
biplane1,
After looking in Seminole Sam’s medicine bag I realize that I HAS not but HAVE heard of the Island of Uffa but that’s Conan Doyle and that’s Scotland—way off subject.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post