Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Don't feel so bad, Alive, as there ARE benefits for the blind in ebooks. Most people who are officially blind do have some vision, and ebooks can be of help to a proportion of them - because they allow the size of hte text to be adjusted to suit the reader, and because there is software and hardware which can audibly read the text. (Some models of Kindle have tect-to-speech built in. Of course, it's a robotic voice, but it's better than nothing.)

For the record, though, we should perhaps note that Bradbury's books have been available as AUDIObooks for years; the recent deal is specifically for ebooks.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Changing direction, (as we are wont to do here on the ruled paper thread), wow!

Wont is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good grief, I wouldn't want to find one of those among MY carrots.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they could try and feed that bug SPAM? After all, it seems that New Zealand has excess spam that they keep sending to us.

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bytorbass, it is so tempting to edit your post - but since it's Hawaiian spam rather than New Zealand spam I shall allow it!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
bytorbass, it is so tempting to edit your post

Don't you mean "eat your post"?

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's go!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RE: Ray Bradbury's Typewriter
Spotted this blog by Kevin Roderick earlier today: http://www.laobserved.com/arch...dbury_typewriter.php

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl, a very ironic photo with the article. Let's flash forward 25 years:

"Can someone tell me what these two items are and what purpose they served (if any)?"

http://www.laobserved.com/asse...r-soboroff-10160.php

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
"Can someone tell me what these two items are and what purpose they served (if any)?"

The one of the left is clearly a primitive form of iPad, as it has curious metal buttons with the same characters as on the typing screen. And the one on the right is some sort of early Kindle.

Big Grin

- Phil

posted Hide Post
The sexiest schoolgirl music videos

http://www.maxim.com/amg/STUFF...oolgirl+Music+Videos

(yes, this is Ray related)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray is mentioned in the January 2012 issue of Wired magazine, on page 054. Under the sub-heading: The price five writers paid for dashing off their works in a flash.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank's to PhilNic's website link I learned today that Chuck Jones gave a nod to Ray in A Connecticate Rabbit in King Arthur's Court.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays and a Blessed Season to the greatest group on the net and all their near and dear ones!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post