Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If she gets the big box, you will get a free monkey!

Ah, tinkerbell, you have now given us a clue to the location of Never Never Land: a 15 minute train ride from St Pauls. Who would have thought NNLand would be in...zone 4!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

A rather strange sounding phrase when taken out of context.

Mr Braling's upcoming vocal stylings, Tink's pending visit to the Messiah... I look forward to the Yuletide season and all its festivities. Last week, one of my lady friends told me she had an extra ticket to The Nutcracker. "What will you do with it?", said I. "I was going to ask you", she replied. Alas, it's on the same day (and at the same time) as the Twilight Zone thingy! As Charlie Brown said, "Argggghhhh!"

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

She'll have to get her skates on (literally!). Sainsbury's are offering a 160-bag box, including free monkey, at half-price but the offer ends TODAY.

Nearly right, Phil. We're on the cusp of zones 4 & 5. Mr T tells me the fast train from Richmond takes 25 minutes, not 15. But what's ten minutes between friends? Did you know you can see the dome of St Paul's from the Henry VIII mound at the top of Richmond Hill? I wonder how the Luftwaffe managed to miss it.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cusp and Luftwaffe are both goods words.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luftwaffe? Not if you happened to be around during The Blitz.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
...Did you know you can see the dome of St Paul's from the Henry VIII mound at the top of Richmond Hill? I wonder how the Luftwaffe managed to miss it.

No I didn't know that. If the Luftwaffe knew, they would have used that as their final approach! Fortunately, people remembered to "put that bloody light out!" during the blitz so it was spared.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a good thing, but a good word!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Gauntlet Press has MASKS and Somewhere a Band is Playing on sale for 50% off. Oh yes, other author's titles, too.

www.gauntlet press.com

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now here is a conference paper of interest: Phil Nichols (University of Wolverhampton), “Living in a Limited World: Omniscience and Point of View in the Works of Harlan Ellison”

For more information:
http://eatonconference.ucr.edu/2011/program.php

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way kewl, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Now here is a conference paper of interest: Phil Nichols (University of Wolverhampton), “Living in a Limited World: Omniscience and Point of View in the Works of Harlan Ellison”...

Somebody should give that guy a job in California, he's always there for some conference or other! Razzer

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I think he goes for the weather.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Not a good thing, but a good word!

Schadenfreude

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not to mention the wrong sort of frost for our Chritmas Brussel sprouts.

Braling II, wish we could be there to hear you flexing your tonsils. We're attending Handel's Messiah at St Paul's Cathedral this Wednesday. No admission fee and it's a 15- minute train journey away. We count our blessings.

Hope Mrs B doesn't get snowed under. She can watch the "Corrie" 50th anniversary extravaganza tonight. Remind her to bring home some PG Tips!

Checking in 11 days later, here.
We can now get PG in many local stores;
Bird's custard as well.
What I hope she brings home is some cheese, bacon, and steak & kidney puds, though the first two will have to be brought in surreptitiously!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her secret's safe with me - along with the 4,837 other members of this board. Wink