Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I would think that Lexus would have had to pay Shakespeare, if they paid anyone...

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the Lexus ad first came out, some 5+ years ago thereabouts, several of us posted a whole bunch of stuff about it. Even called the ad agency that created the ad.

https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/37910839...931083372#7931083372

Ray was even sent the ad via fax and snail mail. Perhaps even bicycle messenger. But, alas! The closest that we could figure is that someone at the ad agency either liked Shakespeare a whole lot, or read the Bradbury book same title. No definite resolution on that one.

However...

A couple movies back, per the Harry Potter movies, the trailer had a segment where the choir of boys were singing and loudly shouted out in song, "SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4xfK0Hrfhdc

Now let's see:
England, Shakespeare, Shakespeare is English, Shakespeare wrote that immortal line, Something Wicked This Way Comes! Oh yes, likely nothing to do with the Bradbury title. Tho some of us may like to think so.

Doug Spaulding~
So, as to what Ray said.
If I recall, he was a bit surprised by all the 'hoopla'. But 'biplane' may have more to add than just one word, Hoopla!

But come to think of it, HOOPLA is a good word, eh Doug?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good word, yes.

Love that Double Double song - it's a great scene.

Enjoy!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I honestly don't remember what Ray did say about the auto ad at the time.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Good word, yes.

Love that Double Double song - it's a great scene. This is the actual scene, tho.

Enjoy!

"Sang by" ?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. It looks like Crimsongurl needs to do a little editing on that title there.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from LA where we auditioned Daeg Faerch for the role of Robert in our upcoming short based on Stephen King's story Suffer the Little Children.

He was in town doing some ADR for his current film, Hancock. I think we're going to offer him the role.

Also had Mickey Faerch read for the role of Miss Sidley. She's going to be creepy!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Just a note here: Last evening on Jay Leno, Jacob (Zimmerman) Dylan sang one of his new songs entitled "Something Good This Way Comes."
Interesting I thought of the play of words on the title. Jacob, son of Bob (Zimmerman) Dylan, grew up in Minnesota but I am not sure where he may have heard of the title "Something Wicked This Way Comes" or how he came about with his title.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jakob's pretty good. I saw him twice - opening for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at Red Rocks, and opening for T Bone Burnett at HOB San Diego.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Oh man, you've been to redrocks. that's the creme-de-la-creme of concert venues. as a deadhead, it ranks even higher than the famed ventura speedway.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, where have you been. I haven't seen a post from you for some time. Busy with work or busy with life?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
that's the creme-de-la-creme of concert venues.

I thought you might like that. Yes, it is the creme. Also saw the late great Dan Fogelberg there in one of his summer perennials.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Work & life biplane. I'll try to be more consistant. Hope your well Michael.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's another totally random post... I thought this was rather amusing. Adverts for fictional vampire products are going up in various cities---like the blood-substitute drink Tru-Blood. (This is of course an advertising stunt; a promotion for the new HBO vampire series "True Blood." Heck, if I subscribed to HBO I'd definitely check out the programme, but I don't, so...)

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us are old enough to have been one of the 'Tree People' mentioned on Neil Diamond's Hot August Nights album. One of L.A.'s better rock venues. I'll always have a sweet spot in my heart for the Hollywood Bowl, especially when I learned that Mr. B ushered there, as a young man.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post