Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy Birrrthday, Rabby Burrrrns!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awae with ye laddie! The haggis simmers in the Aga next to the neeps and tatties. Soon my very own Rabbie will stagger home to the merry chimes of the bagpipes and I'll be phoning for a Chinese takeaway.

Do you KNOW what's in a haggis?! Pass the single malt ... there'll be murrrrder here tonight.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aye, lassie, I'll be attending a Burns Night Supper down the road tomorrow night!
And a Whisky Tasting!
I'm partial to the Islay malts myself.
Haggis? I do know what's in it - and I love it!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A man's a man for a' that.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, now we know what lot of those party balloons are used for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoiFGva_JoY

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know a suitable Bradbury-related title for a birthday and other "party" themed thread?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, all I can come up with is:

"Come, and Bring Constance!"...from The Toynbee Convector

"Eat, Drink and Be Wary"...published in Astounding Science Ficiton (July 1942)

"The Gift"...in A Medicine for Melancholy and elsewhere

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, I reiterate, you can always depend on Phil for any Bradbury-related thingy!

A walking, talking (with English accent, yet!) Bradbury encyclopaedia!

Your education was worth every pence!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"... and so say all of us!"

posted Hide Post
Aw, shucks, thanks chaps. And thanks, Spaulding old chap, for not saying: "Ficiton is a good word!" (As in Astounding Science Ficiton.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But "ficiton" is a good word, Phil. Try googling it - 5,800 people can't be wrong!

posted Hide Post
Apple is a good word. It plays upon the lips!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...which reminds me of one of my favourite Groucho bits; his "Strange Interludes" fom "Animal Crackers":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNkUtBa3_RI

posted Hide Post
Just watched this one with the scruffs. We replayed this very scene for its satirical genius and word play. (Yeah...it was funny, too!)

Great mustache!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes - funny man. And still hilarious in his later years.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post