Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
AND he brought something called cold weather with him. I did not know that temperatures could get below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 Celcius) during the day.

It was a chilly Fahrenheit 65 out here in the VC today!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Ray got another medal.

It's about damn time! That French thingy is all but worn out!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
It was a chilly Fahrenheit 65 out here in the VC today!

You call that chilly? Do not make me laugh.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's minus 3 degrees Celsius here in London today. The birds are sliding off the seed-feeder.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here in the British Midlands there is snow on the ground.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Los Angeles Magazine: Ray is on page 169 being quoted about L.A. of his youth along with a number of other people who grew-up in L.A.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was 85 and sunny here yesterday and the pool at the main Club House was great. Sorry, but I just had to put my 2 cents worth in in regard to the weather.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
It was 85 and sunny here yesterday...

Hot and humid - Ugh! Smiler

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
It was 85 and sunny here yesterday and the pool at the main Club House was great. Sorry, but I just had to put my 2 cents worth in in regard
to the weather.

Fancy a house swap?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
Fancy a house swap?

As a native Floridian, I can assure you that I would never swap the UK for Florida! Call me an Anglophile. And Florida's not all they make it out to be, although South Florida's ok in the winter.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
...I would never swap the UK for Florida!...

As a native Brit, I would give it more than a few minutes' consideration...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miscellaney:

I visited the grandkids in Washington over Thanksgiving week.
I've been rehearsing like mad,and tonight will be the last of three Christmas concerts I'm singing with the Cabrillo Chorus!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...I would never swap the UK for Florida!...

As a native Brit, I would give it more than a few minutes' consideration...

My Mancunian wife is in England now and says they've had the coldest November on record!
Apparently, the Gulf Stream is misbehaving.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can confirm Mrs Braling II's statement - and extend it to December as well! Mrs BII was lucky to get in, as we've had some airport closures due to the wrong kind of snow. [Fellow Brits will understand the latter phrase...]

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Not to mention the wrong sort of frost for our Chritmas Brussel sprouts.

Braling II, wish we could be there to hear you flexing your tonsils. We're attending Handel's Messiah at St Paul's Cathedral this Wednesday. No admission fee and it's a 15- minute train journey away. We count our blessings.

Hope Mrs B doesn't get snowed under. She can watch the "Corrie" 50th anniversary extravaganza tonight. Remind her to bring home some PG Tips!