Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I had flowered shirts and even a couple of polka dot ones. I, however, do NOT miss those fashions! I do miss the whimsical, colourful, fun, and even naive spirit of those days...
"riculous" is a good word.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOT? No platform shoes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQxXdTKreXY

And here's one for you, Braling Two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Wv5AvqzfE

- Tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely. Thanks.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can remember less than half of the '60s, but it has a lot more to do with not being born till after they started, than knowing where it was at.

I remember Crackerjack. There'll be a shortage now that they need all the corn to power cars!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Now now, Douglas, you know you're meant to be saving up to make that film of yours.

We're shooting three now!

Alas, still no money.

Short of funds, huh? So are we.

Here's the deal. For no remuneration whatsoever, Mr Tinkerbell is prepared to play juvenile lead in one of your movies. (His Bottom was widely acclaimed in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at the church hall.) He won't be seeing 40 again, but I daresay your make-up artists can touch him up.

In return, all he asks are reasonable expenses - Virgin Upper Class to Burbank along with his agent (ME!) plus a suite at the Hollywood Roosevelt so we can hobnob with the glitterati. Can't say fairer than that!

We'll be over for screen testing just as soon as you give us the nod.

Tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those unfamiliar with Shakespere may require some clarification for the phrase, "his Bottom was widely acclaimed" !

(Hee-hee!)

posted Hide Post
Far from being Mr Tinkerbell's agent, I think tinkerbell should be scripting the next Carry On film. (Widely acclaimed bottom, make-up artists touching him up? Ooh, Matron!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:

Thanks - I'll take it under advisement.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ms. Tinkerbell, you will also need to schedule an audience with Mr. B as well since you are going to be the L.A. area.

Doug Spaulding, Nard or JKT can assist in setting something up. Even I, biplane 1, have been able to assist with setting up an appointment to meet with Ray.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Far from being Mr Tinkerbell's agent, I think tinkerbell should be scripting the next Carry On film. (Widely acclaimed bottom, make-up artists touching him up? Ooh, Matron!)

Ooh, Matron, indeed!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Thanks - I'll take it under advisement.

We've taken 'advisement' too, Doug. Sorry to have to break it to you, but Mr T's been offered a part in a remake of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". I know how disappointed you'll be, but that's showbiz.

Good luck with the filming.

Tink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Ms. Tinkerbell, you will also need to schedule an audience with Mr. B as well since you are going to be the L.A. area.

Doug Spaulding, Nard or JKT can assist in setting something up. Even I, biplane 1, have been able to assist with setting up an appointment to meet with Ray.

What a kind gesture Biplane! We shan't be over for the filming but possibly we'll be heading for LA for the Festival. It would, indeed, be an honour to meet my favourite author of all times, but just as heart-warming to greet you lovely people on the Board.

Thank you so much.

Tink

posted Hide Post
Do it, Tink. You won't regret it.

(And do it while the exchange rate is still good. It can't last forever!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do it, Tink. You won't regret it.

(And do it while the exchange rate is still good. It can't last forever!)

Sure thing, Phil. Will I need a translator?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Will I need a translator?

No, you won't. The Californians might, however. Just remember pavement means road, trunk means boot, hood means bonnet (except when it's a hat, when hood means hood).

If you hire a car, don't report a fault with the indicators; call them turn signals. And remember, the handbrake for emergency use only (apparently).

Oh, and if you park in San Francisco (which you can't - there are no spaces anywhere), make sure your wheels are curved.

- Phil