Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
...and Zig Ziglar...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WARNING WE now turn you to an isolated post of miscellaneous content

A little event this morning with my dog made me think of this possibility:
Dogs may NOT be time sensitive. They may look at all the past as present along with the present.

You are now leaving the isolated miscellaneous posting event

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II: Thanks for your response link. As I just finished enjoying the Twlight Zone intro, the mailman came a knocking to my door bringing me the long awaited copy of Farewell Summer, special edition (250 copies). I can't seem to post a photo here, so I'll have to go thru the 'album' thingie later, and post a few pix of what this Subterranean Press edition looks like.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's special about the Special Edition?
Or was that discussed earlier...?

posted Hide Post
Nard, first, stop "ignoring" yourself, that is imperative!. Its easy to post a single photo assuming its already a file on your computer. Hit reply like you normally would, click on "Add Attachment?" in blue at the bottom, then click "Browse", if you don't see your folder or file, try clicking on the little back and up symbol which should take you to a more generalized area of your documents where you should see your folder or at least be able to navigate to where it is. Once located, just double click the file, then click Post Now like always. Good luck!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rockster, that works with images and the like, but not with other files like .wav, many of which I would love to attach!

Say, where's Doug these days? Fly the coop with philnic and the Lake?

posted Hide Post
rocket:
Thru the years I've posted a number of single photos. But don't think it's possible to post more than 1 photo per post. That's why the gallery album. Also, funny thing, there always seems to be a photo you can't enlarge. Perhaps if you post 5 in an album, 1 (one) won't enlarge. Or 7 in an album, 1 won't enlarge. This time for the book 'Farewell Summer', I posted three photos, and one wouldn't enlarge. Peculiar.

By the way, thanks about your reference to myneeding to visit my ailing sister. She's much older than I, and it's that old age stuff starting to wave at one from not that far anymore...

posted Hide Post
Doug says he's been busy lately and will drop by later.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That makes sense, except why one won't enlarge. I liked your comment about dogs living in all times at once. After observing mine, I would agree. B-Two, yes I'd like to post a few wav. files too, wonder why not?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Nope, never happens to me.

The other day my feelers were kinda hurt cause a friend said, "You've been giving me really crappy Hi's lately." , so perhaps I'm the other person in what you're relating. I made up for the crappy Hi's by hugging and not being the first to let go.

"Kind and giving, all the rest is treason."

Well I think you give great "Hi's

the best, I say!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smiler

You know, you sure are a neat little addition to the sandbox. The new kid, an instant hit, overnight sensation. Where you been hiding all these years?

Didn't the B-52s have an album or a song entitled "Wild Gravity"?

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
I want to apologize for the rukus caused by my clashing posts and upsetting some on this board, especially to philnic and The Lake. I do ask them do please return.

Phil, thanks for the apology.

I returned to the board as I wanted to post an update on Beley's unauthorized biography of RB. I see things have quietened down a bit now, so I'll stick around.

Anyone hear from The Lake?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yabadabadooo...Philnic!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I know! "fjp" stands for "Fred J. Phlintstone"!

Philnic, hated to see your back; great to see you're back!

Maybe Dandy can find The Lake?