Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...The first episode, The Man Trap, was penned by a dear friend of Ray's, George Clayton Johnson.

A dear friend of George's:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Professor Crater was very very very lonely.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forty Years Ago: I Sing The Body Electric was first publihsed. I think on July 30th but I may be off on the day.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Professor Crater was very very very lonely.

...but the salt vampire could be very very very attractive...from time to time.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to jkt for emailing me the reminder yesterday about The Man Trap. I called George to wish him happy anniversary, and we chatted about the episode, the fact that we may come back out next month to work more on Fr Electrico, and that I am planning on driving down to Florence to see Terry Pace's plays based on George's TZ episodes (with George in attendance).

George sounded good, and was excited about the TZ 50th this year.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Salt Vampire needs a grande cup of espresso.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
The Salt Vampire needs a grande cup of espresso.

I think the Salt Vampire's had TOO MANY grande cups of espresso!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
This may be too late of a notice for some of you but tonight on TNT the show Leverege has as a secondary guest star Tobias Anderson. Tobias was the stage actor to play Captain Beatty in Ray's first stage production of Fahreneit 451.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
i just had this done today. its been a long time coming & i am very pleased. i am posting two pics.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Imagef-451__2.jpg (81 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here is the other picture. my eighth tattoo.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Imagef-451.jpg (98 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rock on Ray, rock on:

http://www.ideaship.com/CAA/ev..._news/theguitar.html

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
From today's Los Angeles Times. Lunch with Ray at Clifton's Cafeteria.

http://www.latimes.com/news/lo...ep19,0,1580926.story

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Love this article.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Love this article.

In case you missed the link here are the photos:
http://www.latimes.com/news/lo...1144299.photogallery

John King Tarpinian