Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sounds like the actions of an evil cat to me! Ever read "Catnip" by Robert Bloch? I bet Ray has!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now for something completely different:
Here is the cover of a Japanese laser disk from the Ray Bradbury Theatre. (posted without further comment.)

I should add that the four stories on this laserdisc are: Sound of Thunder, The Pedestrian, The Veldt and To the chicago Abyss.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageJapaneseLaserDisk.jpg (36 Kb, 14 downloads) What were they thinking?

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eeker

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Here is the cover of a Japanese laser disk from the Ray Bradbury Theatre. (posted without further comment.)

You did send this to Zee, didn't you?

If not, I will! Too good not to!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

You did send this to Zee, didn't you?

If not, I will! Too good not to!

But of course.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little something from Richard:

A nice interview with Richard Matheson about Charles Beaumont, in light of the forthcoming DVD documentary about Beaumont:

http://cinefantastiqueonline.c...nd-charles-beaumont/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Wink stalking.

Posts: 16 | Location: Greentown | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the strangest first post ever...Ann!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hefner saves the Hollywood sign:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film...ood-sign-hugh-hefner

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Wink stalking.

That's what my evil cat does to small animals and birds.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Earlier today I attended Norman Corwins’s ONE-HUNDRETH birthday party. I sat with Pillar of Fire and Mrs. Fire. But this is not what the post is about. When driving home from the event I opted to take the streets instead of averaging the 29 mph I did on the freeway getting to the event.

Anyway, to make a short story long I was driving east on Wilshire Boulevard towards Western Avenue. All of a sudden I became very aware of my surroundings. Something in the back of what’s left of my mind realized that I had just passed the spot where Ray was stopped by a policeman for walking home from Perino’s restaurant. That was the event that had Ray go home and write The Pedestrian.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
A true Bradburian moment!! They can really sneak up on you...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norman Corwin, who has been featured a number of times on All Things Considered, will be honored on the show tomorrow for his centenary. http://www.npr.org/search/inde...d&searchinput=Corwin

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Norman Corwin, who has been featured a number of times on All Things Considered, will be honored on the show tomorrow for his centenary. http://www.npr.org/search/inde...d&searchinput=Corwin

On Saturday, among other things, the did a re-reading for Norman's piece on the Statue of Liberty. Even cynics could not help but be moved. I forgot my camera but may post a few photos from my cell phone later in the week. Today, the 3rd, is his birthday.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ray is quoted in the NPR piece:

http://www.npr.org/templates/s...hp?storyId=126414628

John King Tarpinian