Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
KKFI Community Radio, Kansas City, TX(?) will air Pacifica Radio Archives' "From The Vault" a program paying homage to Ray Bradbury early in the morning of Oct. 24:

http://www.kkfi.org/program-ep...eason-review-part-4/

Uncle Ruthie, kpfk.org, is doing a Halloween Special this Halloween. One of Ray's Pandemonium Theatre actors will be a guest as they reprise a reading. More as I learn more.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Hobbit Menu at Denny's. Yet nothing for Gollum.

http://io9.com/5954327/the-hob...ng-that-is-happening

How about a Martian menu next?

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Managed to hear the radio program this morning and am intrigued enough to say I'd like to aquire the full hour recording of the 1964 recording from Pacifica (about 18.00 USD) as well as the NASA lecture, eventually.
http://www.pacificaradioarchiv...?keys=ray%20bradbury

quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
How many people traditionally start to read Something Wicked today? The 24th of October is the day the book begins.

Been listening to Paul Hecht's narration of SWTWC this past week, if that qualifies. Since it is the 50th anniversary year of the publication of SOMETHING WICKED it'd be nice if there were some kind of, not too expensive, commemorative edition. I liked Ray Bradbury book Barnes & Noble published last year.
quote:
Uncle Ruthie, kpfk.org, is doing a Halloween Special this Halloween. One of Ray's Pandemonium Theatre actors will be a guest as they reprise a reading. More as I learn more.

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made a bit of a pilgrimage today:

John King Tarpinian

ImageSign.jpg (258 Kb, 3 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Managed to hear the radio program this morning and am intrigued enough to say I'd like to aquire the full hour recording of the 1964 recording from Pacifica (about 18.00 USD) as well as the NASA lecture, eventually.
http://www.pacificaradioarchiv...?keys=ray%20bradbury

quote:
How many people traditionally start to read Something Wicked today? The 24th of October is the day the book begins.

Been listening to Paul Hecht's narration of SWTWC this past week, if that qualifies. Since it is the 50th anniversary year of the publication of SOMETHING WICKED it'd be nice if there were some kind of, not too expensive, commemorative edition. I liked Ray Bradbury book Barnes & Noble published last year.
quote:

Thanks for the info.

They are going to do a re-broadcast of Ray reading The Halloween Tree.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
They are going to do a re-broadcast of Ray reading The Halloween Tree.

Thanks, jkt. Many looking forward to this, no doubt.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/weather...-east-coast/#slide=1

It's been a tough few days here on the East Coast!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At mentioned before, kpfk.org (90.7) at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time will be airing the 1983 reading of The Halloween Tree.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
At mentioned before, kpfk.org (90.7) at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time will be airing the 1983 reading of The Halloween Tree.

Stayed up for this and enjoyed it much! Mention was made of a possible future program with a recording (made by one of the Bradbury theatre actors) of Bradbury talking about F451. And Uncle Ruthie said she may have a Halloween program next year.
Again, thanks for the alert about this, jkt!

posted Hide Post
jkt, thanks for letting us know about this.
I started to listen, but then my computer stopped cooperating. Is there any chance this might be made available for download? I understand there would be copyright issues to consider.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
http://www.foxnews.com/weather...-east-coast/#slide=1

It's been a tough few days here on the East Coast!

I hope all is well with you and yours!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Northern NY region dodged most of the devastation experienced along the immediate coastline and further down-state. IE., NYC, NJ, and Conn. This will be a long recovery with lasting influences.

Here, powerful winds did some damage: schools closed, power out, trees and wires down, etc. Yet, most of us were quite fortunate.

Thanks for the thoughts, friend Br II, How is all in your territory!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skmckee:
I started to listen, but then my computer stopped cooperating. Is there any chance this might be made available for download? I understand there would be copyright issues to consider.

Heck, I fell asleep AND I had a radio. No chance for the download. It might be available on Blackstone Audio. I'd have to look.

The reading took longer than estimated by the station for Rober Kerr, the guest who was one of Ray's theatrical actor only had 5 minutes.

Linnl: I know some of Ray's actors wand to continue doing stuff so keep your fingers crossed.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skmckee:

If you scroll down on the following page of KPFK's Archive, Wednesday October 31, 2012 9PM, the program Halfway Down The Stairs (The Halloween Tree as read by Mike Hodel, Uncle Ruthie, and Ray Bradbury), can be played or downloaded. It doesn't appear to be available in the podcast feed.
http://archive.kpfk.org/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

posted Hide Post
Excellent find, Linnl. I browsed through the archive shortly after the broadcast, but couldn't find it. Maybe they uploaded it after I had looked. In any case, I didn't know to look for "Halfway Down The Stair".

I'm downloading now, with fingers crossed that the file is good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post