Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
I guess my hidden humor is too well hidden, and it probably isn't humor.
What I am saying is no President is ever liked. Not a one. The closest perhaps was Franklin Roosevelt, and maybe Washington. No matter who is President, someone is out to get him to shoot him, stab him, or throw a grenade at him. There are no bad Presidents. They are humans with extraordinary drives and intellect, and with human failings and a fair amount of stupidity, just like the rest of us. What people want is a fairy -God-President. And when they finally get one, I'm sure, given the way things work, he'll eventually turn out to be all the worst things of all Presidents all wrapped into one. But, boy, won't everyone be so happy in the meanwhile.

Give me a break -- this microcephalic behaves like Herman Hand-Up_me most of the time. I would not let my kids listen to his words, they may grow up to BE a cowboy! They don't call it S--T for notin'.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously there is a dentist in the house working on rotting teeth.

Now who is the dentist, and who has the rotting teeth?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sooooo... see any good movies lately?

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Swing carefully with that thar bashin stick. You are probably in the minority in these parts, and others are likely to respond with flamethrowers.

psst... secretly, I totally got your back, my brotha.

I apologised!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sooooo... see any good movies lately?

Yeah - "Fahrenheit 9/11"!

Sorry.

Hey, it has a Bradbury connection, so it's appropriate.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahmmm. Hmmmm, ah did anyone see my Mercury transit picture? Frowner

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought your photos were just beautiful - fascinating!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug! There was a definite race with the clock, so I could not take as many pictures as I would have liked in order to get "the" one. I have now seen two Mercury transits and one rare Venus transit about two years ago. It was already in progress when sunrise occurred and there was not a whole lot of time on that one either. It was a pretty, clear spring morning. This is considerably larger and easier to see than Mercury. The suns disk is on the left, eyepiece edge on right and Venus is exiting to the left. I had to hunt up my disk with the pictures on it, its a good comparison. Makes me think of The Long Rain. Thanks again D.S.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Imagevenus01.jpg (26 Kb, 8 downloads) Venus in the morning.

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks sort of like Greentown eh?

Imagesunrise.jpg (32 Kb, 7 downloads) Sunrise.

posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures, Robo.

Your sunrise looks like our sunset. Our sunrises aren't the most breathtaking but they are usually highlighted by the silver-lined clouds. It's our sunsets that are magical with the pinks and the blues and the smog induced hues, violet and scarlet and yet-to-be-named shroom colors too.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Sunrise, sunset; sunrise, sunset..."

Dandy still here? Wondering how the rehearsals are going. I'm rehearsing like mad for our Christmas Concert:
http://topsy.org/chorus/boxoffice5.htm

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Grass. For the Venus shot, I went very early to a park about four miles from where I live. It was perfect in every way.

posted Hide Post
Frank, watch your language!!! Why did you have to bring up college and old memories. I remember Freshmen having to attend an 8:00 AM P E Lecture Class ON SATURDAY. Talk about punishment. Whatever they were saying I never really got it, i.e., hard to absorb information when you are sleeping.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(from "Horsefeathers" - Groucho as Professor Quincy Adams Wagstaff)
Wagstaff: ...Have we got a stadium?
Professor One: Yes.
Wagstaff: Have we got a college?
Professor One: Yes.
Wagstaff: Well, we can't support both. Tomorrow we start tearing down the college.
Both professors: But professor! Where will the students sleep?
Wagstaff: Where they always sleep. In the classroom!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and the smog induced hues, violet and scarlet and yet-to-be-named shroom colors too.

Smog? Here in California! Surely not!

"Live Forever!"