Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Over the next week it is my guess that some cable station will be airing King of Kings. Jeffrey Hunter as the blonde haired blue eyed lead character. Rip Torn plays Judas, with Royal Dano as Peter and Nicholas Ray directing.

The movie has not held up over the years but the narration, as read by Orson Wells, is captivating. Of course, those words were written by Ray Bradbury.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great times coming up at the cinema for those lucky enough to live in LA!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The very nature of this video,
the very means of communication by an
immobile human being, gives one pause.
This is stuff from old science-fiction.
But here it is!
Here, a recent video posting of Stephen Hawking discussing the origins of the universe, a part of 'TED' profiles in great speakers and thinkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Isp8mS-c&feature=dir

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Variety's "The Movie That Changed My Life": 120 Celebrities Pick the Films that Made a Difference (for Better or Worse
by Robert Hofler (Author)

The movies that influenced Ray are on page 221.

Posting later today will be an interview by the book's author. www.kpcc.org Patt Morrison from 1:00-3:00 today. The segment in which Ray is mentioned is at the 2:50 p.m. mark.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Mr Sulu!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a nice article in today's Los Angeles Times about Robert Silverberg, 12 years Ray's junior. He'll be at the Festival of Books along with Gore Vidal and the master, Ray.

http://www.latimes.com/enterta...apr21,0,542888.story

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
All things happening at the same time, this Saturday in Los Angeles

Festival of Books with Ray.

Memorabilia Show (get your picture taken with Al Pacino’s “little friend”).

A special viewing of The Time Machine with the actual time machine on view, thanks to Bob Burn’s and a lecture by Paul Davids who did the DVD of The Sci-Fi Boys which features Ray.

An Oz event where collectibles from the Baum family will be on display.

Life in the big city can be so complicated.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
George Clayton Johnson’s
In The Zone Writing Class
at Mystery and Imagination
238 N. Brand Bl., Glendale, CA

Starting on May 6th, and running for eight Wednesdays, George Clayton Johnson will be presenting a FREE writing class starting at 7:30 p.m. For those who do not know George’s work he has written many of the best Twilight Zones (Kick the Can/Nothing in the Dark/A Game of Pool, etc, the original Ocean’s Eleven movie, co-wrote Logan’s Run and Season One Episode One of Star Trek{The Man Trap}…coining the immortal phrase, “He’s dead Jim!”)

Each 90 minute class will feature George talking about the art of writing and the writing process. He is expected to have a different special writer guest each week. Among the names of potential guests are William F. Nolan (Logan’s Run/Sam Spade), Dennis Etchison(horror writer and Twilight Zone Radio show writer), Earl Hamner (TZ and The Waltons), Pete Atkins(Hell Raiser/Wishmaster), Clive Barker(Hellraiser/Books of Blood) and Ray Bradbury.

Those board members who have not recently moved 3,000 miles away are invited to attend.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Those board members who have not recently moved 3,000 miles away are invited to attend.

Have I told you lately that you're a funny man?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Have I told you lately that you're a funny man?

OK, you may attend. Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
If you live within the sound of my voice you may wish to pick up the current issue of L.A. Weekly and quickly turn to page 68.

This is their people of influence issue in Los Angeles. For "The Writer" they have selected Ray.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you live within the sound of my voice you may wish to pick up the current issue of L.A. Weekly and quickly turn to page 68.

Or if you don't live within the sound of his voice you can click here. Which I did. Because I don't live within the sound of his voice. Anymore.

Seriously, it's been a year - he's going to have to retire that medal.

I love that guy!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Because I don't live within the sound of his voice. Anymore.

So then you did not see Ray's photo in the Calendar section of today's Los Angeles Times either?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
So then you did not see Ray's photo in the Calendar section of today's Los Angeles Times either?

Article yes. Photo no.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding: Photo no.

I'm holding the photo up to the monitor right now...

John King Tarpinian