Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Professor Eric.

Bradbury on Mars!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great, Doug! The archives will certainly have grown since I saw them many years ago!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as I'm that close, I think I'll drive on up to Waukegan after I leave. Spend the night and look around town.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, send us a report! We should bump up the thread of where Nard posted pix of his visit!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Wow, send us a report! We should bump up the thread of where Nard posted pix of his visit!

Do, so I can have some guide around town - you know I haven't been back home since I was a kid.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
These books were published in 1950:
'Martian Chronicles'
'I, Robot' by Isaac Asimov
'The Town and the City' by Jack Kerouac (his first book)
'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' by cs lewis
"The 13 Clocks' by James Thurber
'Kon-Tiki' by Thor Heyerdahl

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
These books were published in 1950:

Are you suggesting that 1950 was a good year for literature?

Kon-Tiki is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Philnic: Any truth to the rumor that Susan Boyle is hiding out at your place?

For all I know, she might have been. I've been in Belgium for a week!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...We should bump up the thread of where Nard posted pix of his visit!

Hey, where IS that thread? I just did a search, and no photos turned up. In several places Nard posted links to his website (catchaway.com), but that site seems to be down right now. Nard, did you forget to pay the rent on that URL?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil: No, just decided to close it. I intend to make a better one once I get some funds together.

I'll search for the one with the Greentown photos....

Well::: I found this, when Ray's old house in Waukegan was for sale::

http://www.raybradburyboard.co...1083901/m/2651046711

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
I'll search for the one with the Greentown photos....

Here's hoping that Doug will have fresh new photos and videos once he returns from his pilgrimage.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The newest Pandemonium Press.

Pandemonium Press
An Irregular Publication of
RAY BRADBURY’S
PANDEMONIUM THEATRE COMPANY
Celebrating its
46th ANNIVERSARY YEAR!

Issue No. 49 June/July, 2009

THE PLAY’S THE THING

RAY BRADBURY’S YESTERMORROWS
Opening July 11 in Pasadena

Ray Bradbury’s Yestermorrows is a collection of three favorite Bradbury tales adapted for the stage. The Meadow is presented for the first time. The elderly night watchman at a motion picture studio lot finds himself the protector of the entire world. The old man must summon all his wit and intelligence to dissuade those who would come to destroy it.

Cistern is the story of a young couple in love, who are, incidentally, undead and “live” in the cistern that runs underneath their city.

A Device Out of Time is a tale in which youngsters discover the secrets of time travel and, while they still can, visit the sights and sounds of decades past.

The cast of Ray Bradbury’s Yestermorrows includes David Fox-Brenton, Georgean George, Jay Gerber, Robert Kerr, David Mauer, Michael Prichard, Roses Prichard, Andy Sell and Steven Robert Wollenberg. Ray Bradbury and Racquel Lehrman, Theatre Planners, produce, Alan Neal Hubbs directs, lighting design by Peter Strauss and sound design by Robert Arturo Ramirez. Presented by Ray Bradbury’s Pandemonium Theatre Company, this is a guest production at the Fremont Centre Theatre.

Fremont Centre Theatre
1000 Fremont Ave. (at El Centro)
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Abundant free parking behind the theatre.
Close to the Mission St. Station of the Metrolink Gold Line.

Preview: Friday, July 10 at 8 pm
Opening Night: Saturday, July 11 at 8 pm
Performances: Friday and Saturday at 8 pm; Sunday at 3 pm
Closing Performance: Saturday, August 29 at 8 pm
Admission: $20 Seniors: $15 Students: $10
Reservations and information: (323) 960-4451
Online ticketing: www.Plays411.com/raybradbury

. . . excerpted from the Press Releases by Philip Sokoloff (showbizphil@sbcglobal.net)

  

RAY AROUND TOWN

Saturday, June 13, Noon

Talk and Book Signing for We’ll Always Have Paris at the Barnes and Noble, Santa Monica

Saturday, July 25, Time to be announced

San Diego Comic Con. As he does every year, Ray will be attending the San Diego Comic Con. He will lecture mid-afternoon, though a time has not yet been set. Comic Con will post the schedule on its website about two weeks before the event.

Be sure to check in on Ray’s website: www.raybradbury.com

Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company
Established 1963
Ray Bradbury, Co-Founder, Producer and Playwright
The late Charles Rome Smith, Co-Founder and Director

Pandemonium Press
Marlene and Arnold Kunert – Editors
Email to pande_press@cox.net if you no longer wish to receive this publication.
©2009 RAY BRADBURY ENTERPRISES

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Folks, I'm writing to you from Waukegan, Illinois. Arrived earlier today, and went by the library (where else?) to glean information for Ray sites around town. Well, the librarian and assistant (Valerie Carter-Brown & Sue Yugo) were nothing if not helpful in answering my every question, actually stopping working to look up items online and print them out for me. Even taking me on a short walking tour down to the ravine and showing me Ray Bradbury Park. They exceeded my expectations.

Saw the steps and bridge down and across the ravine from The Lonely One, Ray's home, and even the Jack Benny statue from the Genesee Theatre. Later had supper at the Green Town Tavern, which stayed open late for us when I dropped Ray's name. Good food!

Earlier today was entertained by Donn Albright, who gave me a tour of the massive Bradbury Archives. While no photos were allowed, and I can't really say much about what was there, I can say oh my God - Bradbury heaven! And ask me in about two or three months what the next major Bradbury special edition publication will be. And the parting gift of It Came From Outer Space was much appreciated. Nice day.

Photos later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Folks, I'm writing to you from Waukegan, Illinois...

Congratulations, Doug Spaulding, on returning home! And how amazing to get into the archive - not even I have yet managed this feat. (But then, it is a bit of a long walk from here.)

I look forward to those photies.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Too cool for words, Mr Doug! It's been a dog's age since I was up in Green Town; hope it is not too much changed.

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post