Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Sundry is a good word. Sundried tomatoes are good, also.

Yes, it is! Coincidentally, whilst in Portland, I enjoyed a pizza with sundry'd tomatoes on it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whilst is another good word. Superlative, in fact: while, whiler, whilst.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Bradbury/Harryhausen collaboration on TV tonight.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I finally caught "The Life Work of Juan Diaz" on The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. It came up channel surfing. Very good.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Yesterday I finally caught "The Life Work of Juan Diaz" on The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. It came up channel surfing. Very good.

Now you can read my review!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder who got to keep the very nifty mummy?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic discovered this wonderful collection of bad suits, and I thought I'd share here. Enjoy!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Bad suits = Robert Bloch and L. Sprague De Camp!

I was surprised to see Manly Wade Wellman and Frank Belknap Long: names I associate with the pulp era, and not people I expected to see photographed in the 1970s. (All writers had to have a three part name in the pulps... which is why Ray had to escape to the slicks!)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder who got to keep the very nifty mummy?

Colonel Stonesteel?

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Colonel Stonesteel's Genuine Home-Made Truly Egyptian Mummy

http://screen.yahoo.com/kid-fi...attic-222505520.html

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's Bliss Comic

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Imagetmbss130816.gif (130 Kb, 10 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh WOW! A Must Listen! Streaming only. While its still there...

http://archive.org/details/curiv_00003

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody out there going to the Egyptian Theater, in Hollywood, on Friday the 13th to see It Came from Outer Space as it was meant to be seen, on the big screen in 3D?

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Anybody out there going to the Egyptian Theater, in Hollywood, on Friday the 13th to see It Came from Outer Space as it was meant to be seen, on the big screen in 3D?

I saw it on my screen in 2D a couple weeks ago from my DVD signed by the two Rays. I'll be in Napa Valley that weekend, anyway. And then there's that parking thing in Hollywood.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

I saw it on my screen in 2D a couple weeks ago from my DVD signed by the two Rays. I'll be in Napa Valley that weekend, anyway. And then there's that parking thing in Hollywood.

As you quickly learned, there is NO free parking in Hollywood. Wink

John King Tarpinian