Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It's in the oven - you know that YouTube takes awhile to post after you upload it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Yeah, I did that before too.
I do have the same problem when composing email.

What do you use for email? Your web browser, or Outlook, or something else?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phil, I'm using Yahoo Mail.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aha! So when you lose little icons in your email, these are icons in the little pop-up "compose message" window, right?

Have you tried using a different browser? Firefox, for example?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Yes" to your first question, "not yet" to your second...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll love it - it's loads better than IE.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried Firefox, same problem.
Another thing I noticed, when looking at Google Books, the preview doesn't show either.
I wonder if this is a Java thing?

posted Hide Post
Probably, if you're having the same issue with two browsers.

Still, as a last resort, try Opera (the name has a nice ring to it). It's nearly as good a browser as Firefox, only the bookmarks section is a bit more confusing.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Whole Lot Of Shakin' Goin' On

Yes, So. Cal. just had a 5.8 earthquake 40 miles South by South East of Mr. B's house. I'm reporting that he is fine.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I'm reporting that he is fine.

Good. I'm fine too.

I had just moved a shelving unit upstairs and was a-resting, when I suddenly felt as tho I had consumed too much fruit of the vine - there was a shaking of the house!

Luckily, I was standing right next to the TV, so I held it firmly in place as the room continued to vibrate.

That ought to do us for a while.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A little early for tippling there, Dougster!
Seriously, I'm glad nobody was hurt, so the news says. My son lives down there too.
I can empathise, living in the shadow, as it were, of Loma Prieta!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
A little early for tippling there, Dougster!

No - I didn't mean that I had imbibed, only that I felt as tho I had.

And now, a drink!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
And now, a drink!

Would that make you oenophiliac?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since it's a nice Italian Chianti. I should think it would!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Braling II: If anyone is drinking too much it's likely Bishop Spong.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post