Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Point in case:

I'm not typically vacant looking, I swear.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luvly, but wasn't that you many moons ago with the starfish on your face?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have achieved about the same amount of vacancy, although I will contend for the title of who looks more vacant.

and that WAS me!

which brings to mind someones story told on this board about a starfish....and ants..... *shudder*

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I claim to have the most gormless look!

posted Hide Post
I find vacant works, especially in retail and whenever I get in trouble at home.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say that you are a very nice looking young lady, vacant or not!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, if I only had fifty dollars for a magazine!

Somebody buy one and let me read it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Oh, if I only had fifty dollars for a magazine!

Now now, Douglas, you know you're meant to be saving up to make that film of yours.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since we were getting a bit miscellaneous over there on the "Name The Story" thread, I thought I'd continue the "Crackerjack" theme over here. To us Yanks, Cracketrjack is an old treat "candy-coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize!" The ads in the '60s with Jack Gilford were the best:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=692721421477446...EqTeqwPk2-WrDA&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-72747913830845...K4OKqgO6_rysDA&hl=en

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Now now, Douglas, you know you're meant to be saving up to make that film of yours.

We're shooting three now!

Alas, still no money.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Since we were getting a bit miscellaneous over there on the "Name The Story" thread, I thought I'd continue the "Crackerjack" theme over here. To us Yanks, Cracketrjack is an old treat "candy-coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize!"

We were still on post-war rations then. It was dried egg and an ounce of Canadian chopped ham from the Ministry of Food. We never had it so good.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still rationed in the '60s? Sheesh! And to think the pound was worth $5 then!

posted Hide Post
Just kidding! London was swinging then "like a pendulum do" - or so my mother told me.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to Carnaby Street? I was there in '69 and brought home a very stylish black cut-away sports jacket with brass buttons that was somewhat instrumental in confusing my wife of some 37 years to take an insterest in a rather square 1969 me. I sure miss those fashions, striped bell bottoms, fringes and Indian feathers in the hair. It was the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, a bit too early for some, and too late for others. They say if can remember the '60s, you just didn't know where it was at! I do more harmful drugs now and they pass them out at the pharmacy at riculous prices. Anybody seen a White Rabit around here?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post