Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ray at 4E's home sitting inside some piece of modern art or other.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Michael O'Kelly for this recent wonderful shot!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Ray at 4E's home sitting inside some piece of modern art or other...

Methinks 'tis an elephant...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If, like me, you were wondering about the film poster Ray is holding:

http://www.julesverne.org/en/N.../firstmentomars.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TWO big announcements coming very soon.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Methinks 'tis an elephant...

Well, it's obviously shaped like a pachyderm.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the two announcements, jkt.

Question: Has Ray ever been featured on a postage stamp? The tie draped around his shoulders in one of the photos made me wonder.

If not, he should be!

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Can't wait for the two announcements, jkt.

Question: Has Ray ever been featured on a postage stamp? The tie draped around his shoulders in one of the photos made me wonder.

If not, he should be!

One must be dead, for I think ten years, in order to be featured on a U.S. Postage Stamp. S H A M E O N Y O U

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No shame at all, I'm just not familiar with every USPS regulation.

In Canada famous living people are featured on stamps all the time.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that is the editors at the Wall Street Journal get their act together there should be an article about Ray in Monday's edition.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Vote for RAY!!!

http://projects.latimes.com/ho...r-walk/ray-bradbury/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
This I Believe, a radio broadcast by Edward R. Morrow with Robert A. Heinlein...and old drinking buddy of Ray's.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Hello,

Subterranean Press is taking preorders for Limited Edtions of UK's PS Publishing's Ray Bradbury The Machineries of Joy.

http://subterraneanpress.com/i...joy-by-ray-bradbury/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lovely sketch from the 1770s of a Dandelion

John King Tarpinian

ImageDandelionPlate.jpg (36 Kb, 6 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
A lovely sketch from the 1770s of a Dandelion

...reminding us how monstrous the darned things actually are! Of course, the root is grossly under-represented here - the ones in my lawn go down many, many metres...

I grant you, a field of dandelions in bloom is a remarkable sight, and a dandelion "clock" is quite charming. But you can keep the stems, leaves and roots.

- Phil