Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

A tan? Are they sure it's not just rust?

That would be the Scots...

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arf arf. (British shorthand for chortle chortle.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
That would be the Scots...

They are a ruddy peoples.

Chortle is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few weeks back, Doug posted about the Forry issue of Dark Discoveries. I had never picked up a copy of this magazine before. It has morphed into a very literate magazine over the past few months. Issue 13 has the Forry tribute and a very articulate, seven page, interview of Ray Bradbury by Jason V Brock. His website is www.jasunni.com (a contraction of his and his wife’s first names)

If you have a chance to pick up this issue I highly recommend it. At the same time I picked up Issue 12 which features William F. Nolan.

The upcoming, in mid-July, issue 14 will be the Twilight Zone issue featuring George Clayton Johnson.

Also, in June they are offering a DVD tribute to Charles Beaumont with interviews with Bill Nolan, Harlan Ellison, Richard Matheson, our own Ray Bradbury and others. It can be pre-ordered from Amazon, Charles Beaumont: The Short Life of Twilight Zone’s Magic Man…

http://www.darkdiscoveries.com/

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
File770 has a nice triple review of Ray Bradbury stuff.

http://file770.com/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Happy Memorial Day!

Who says the West-coasters have all the fun?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice photos, Doug! (I just love the National Cathedral; have been there a couple of times and it's quite beautiful.)

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Very nice photos, Doug!

Thanks. We went in too, but the photos are too dark to post.

Magnificent structure! Now that was in the days when architecture was architecture.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Analog Magazine has a nice online review of We'll Always Have Paris, with a very respectful commentary on Ray's writings.

http://www.analogsf.com/090708/reflib_07.shtml

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
OK folks, I just got an email from Donn Albright inviting me to Muncie to take a tour of the Bradbury archives next week. How cool is that!?

Hope I remember my camera.

Sorry, west-coasters!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
OK folks, I just got an email from Donn Albright inviting me to Muncie to take a tour of the Bradbury archives next week. How cool is that!?

Hope I remember my camera.

Sorry, west-coasters!

Now tell them about the 22 hour detour to get there...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:

Florida is out.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Florida is out.

Family should always come second to Ray...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Philnic: Any truth to the rumor that Susan Boyle is hiding out at your place?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Doug: Great pictures at DC. My wife and I went there in January this year and loved it. We missed the National Cathedral (your shot is gorgeous) and Arlington, but saw a million other things! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Wish I could join you at the Bradbury archives! Give us a report, will you?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post