Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Here is a YouTube vido of Ray telling about his all time favorite movie. This was recorded last Summer at the Simi Valley Library with Sam Weller as the moderator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dig&et=1260018855.05

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is funny library in reference to the photo of Tiger and his wife!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Here is a YouTube vido of Ray telling about his all time favorite movie. This was broadcast live to Mexico last Monday with Sam Weller as the moderator. (corrected from before)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v...dig&et=1260018855.05

In today's Los Angeles Times the last three paragraphs are dedicated to Ray.

http://www.latimes.com/enterta...ec07,0,6994116.story

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
When I see news items like those around Tiger Woods, and how bad judgment he had, and the reprecussions on his family, I think of cultural icons like Hugh Hefner, and think, What must he think about himself if everyone thinks adultery is so bad.
Probably not much, I'd say.

Not only bad judgment, but, if some of these skanks are telling the truth, terrible taste as well! He can't at least cheat with someone a little attractive?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

- terrible taste as well! He can't at least cheat with someone a little attractive?

Oh serious now, dandelion. There's as many as 6, maybe as many as 10 girls voicing the airwaves. You can't say they are unattractive. Tiger's wife appears to be a doll, and, from some news earlier, said she has packed her bags and left the Tiger home.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is what appears to be a student film version of 451, in Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dig&et=1260514178.49

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Wow - it's really bad isn't it?

Farhenheit is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Tiger claimants appear to be of varying attractiveness, but the one I saw before writing that had a face which could have been used as sandpaper. I wonder if she was lying or if he was just really wasted.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

I've seen worse... I teach film, so I see some very bad student films (and some very good ones, fortunately!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

I've seen worse... I teach film, so I see some very bad student films (and some very good ones, fortunately!)

George Lucas submitted his original cut of 'THX 1138' as his student film. When Steven Speilberg went back to get his degree he submitted 'Shindler's List' as his student film.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I remember George and Steve... two of my best students... Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I remember George and Steve... two of my best students... Big Grin

An at age 15 Ron Howard would make movies using his Super8 camera starring his brother Clint, father Rance and mother Jean.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
To All My Democrat Friends:/To My Republican Friends:

But what about we independents!?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
An at age 15 Ron Howard would make movies using his Super8 camera starring his brother Clint, father Rance and mother Jean.

And with the exception of his mum (who passed), he still uses pretty much the same cast!

Actually earlier. I saw a special on the old Griffith Show featuring scenes of him shooting with the Super 8, and their were remembrances by Andy and others who commented on how they knew that he, regardless of his incredible, natural talent as a child actor, would someday be a successful director.

"Live Forever!"