Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...He got moon-landing day wrong?...

No, he didn't get the day wrong. He just insists that there was a British tabloid newspaper that mentioned him by name in a headline the following day - something I have tried desperately to corroborate, but without turning up a shred of evidence for it. I have concluded that he has elaborated the story with each telling, and he believes his elaboration is the truth.

(Your dad's moon story is another interesting instance of self-confusion or self-delusion!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and what's more I don't remember what we did for July 4 that year, and I'm pretty sure Dad wasn't keeping his detailed diary till years later. I did write down some memories when I was younger and have to check them. We did make several trips to town before moving, and it's entirely possible we were there on July 4, but the actual move was not till July 20.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Aw, I was hoping you'd pick up on "rummaging" (which is a good word)...

We "rummage" too over here.
We also have "rummage sales", which you know as "jumble sales".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And drifting even further (farther?) off-topic:

I bet you don't "scrummage" over there. Or have bring & buy sales.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching "The Event" and noticed two actors who acted in two Ray productions. Clifton Collins, Jr. played Martinez in the Disney movie The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit. DB Sweeney, who played Montag in the Falcoln Theatre production of Fahrenheit 451.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you happen to be in Northern California you may wish to catch this play:

http://www.citytheatre.net/

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if you're in LA, you might want to go support Ray's actor, Michael in Wicked Lit!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
And if you're in LA, you might want to go support Ray's actor, Michael in Wicked Lit!

I'll be there a couple of times.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
DC Comics Blue Beetle #8

John King Tarpinian

Image2010-10-14_13-06-56_334.jpg (167 Kb, 10 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Here is a snaphot of the Halloween Tree at the store Every Picture Tells a Story.

John King Tarpinian

ImageEPTAS.jpg (205 Kb, 10 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Anybody else going to watch the Scream Awards on Spike TV tonight?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I hope you know who is honored at the Scream Awards!!!

I'll give you 451 hints.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Well then. Ray was given the ComicCon/Scream Icon Award.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=114&sid=2082388

"Not to overlook the writers, Aaron Eckhart presented Ray Bradbury with the Comic-Con Icon award for his dedication to the annual pop-culture festival.

"He's attended every single Comic-Con since its inception, which makes him the ultimate fanboy," Eckhart said. "At 90 years old, Ray Bradbury continues to prove that the human imagination knows no bounds."

The gargoyles on stage breathed fire to punctuate his words."

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
http://darkdiscoveries.com/

By now I'm sure everybody knows that Dark Discoveries Magazine, issue #17, has a never before published story by Ray.

John King Tarpinian