Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This NPR blog is about Ray:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetw...rst_draft_of_fa.html

More Ray-centric than the article from this morning on the radio but incudes that at the bottom of the piece.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray-centric is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Ray-centric is a good word.

For some reason, that word came to me on Saturday...

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill!

YouTube says: "This video has been removed by the user."

What did we miss, Doug?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
YouTube says: "This video has been removed by the user."

What did we miss, Doug?

That's unfortunate. It was Bill Shatner doing a "beat poet" version of Palin's farewell speech - wonderful!

It was on Conan recently. Try nbc.com instead.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Funnily enough, I posted a link to this on another site yesterday. Here's where I found it:

http://theridiculant.metro.co....r-shatner-there.html

(The Metro is a free UK newspaper.)
(You may find it best to scroll down to the SECOND video clip, as the first one doesn't always work properly.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've said it before, but funnily is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I've said it before, but funnily is a good word.

And I've probably said this before:

Funnily? Like this?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
And I've probably said this before:

You might have done!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This is stunning.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Cute story: I have a friend who grew up in a very small town in Montana. Their high school has a reunion every five years, during the founder's day weekend and all graduating classes attend. (Over the years I have given Kim whatever new book Ray has, signed, to take to their library.) For the class reuinion and as a fund raiser I gave her an Easton press of F451. The woman in charge of the next reunion had to Google Ray's name. She shot back to Kim something like, "He is very famous! How did you get this? The book should raise more money than any other items donated for the silent auction."

I've been teasing her that only Zane Grey is known in Montana ever since. Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ray & Tom.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A beautiful essay on NPR that is not going to be aired until Saturday. You get to hear it first. A lovely talk with John Raby and Molly Peterson about Dandelion Wine.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/o.../08/molly-rekindled/

Just don't tell Ray it is available on Kindle...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Here is a nice photo of Ray and his basement, circa 1985, that appeared on the cover of Beverly Hills [213] magazine in 2002. Photographer unknown.

John King Tarpinian

ImageBeverlyHills213PhotoSmall.jpg (234 Kb, 10 downloads)