Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
For those curious about the current Peter O'Toole movie, One Night with the King, it's:
http://8x.com/onenight
You'll find ol' John Ryes-Davies there as well.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:

LIVE FOREVER? Everyone already lives forever! Just depends, ultimately, where!

Right you are, Mr K!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone get to see "The Nativity" movie that was out around Christmas? Hard to find in local Left Coast theatres. I'll have to look for it on DVD, I guess; but I heard it was very good...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell, November 19, 2006:
~~~Changing the Subject~~~

``NOTE`` This is NOT a children's movie. Kid's won't understand the story and there are some rough edges on the movie that will turn away families. Unfortunately, it's not marketed that way!
==============================================

Had to report about a movie I went to see on Friday and again on Saturday. My take on this movie is the BEST ANIMATED MOVIE IN HISTORY. I've been partial to Polar Express, and one or two others. But this one ""outdoes"" them ALL!

`````````HAPPY FEET````````

"BRILLIANT!"

"EMOTIONAL"

"VERY ENTERTAINING"

"VISUALLY AMAZING"

"GREAT STORY"

Also:

There are several instances giving a thought back to Close Encounters of a Third Kind. The topper, was when the little girl tapped, tapped, tapped on the window of the Penguin Exhibit. The very basis of communications with the 'aliens' were sounds of '''happy feet.'''!

I say, watch this one winning the Oscar for BEST ANIMATED FEATURE hands (feet) down! I suspect it may even eventually go into the rare air of 100 best movies of all time. It's emotionally moving, captivating, and visually stunning! I want to see it a 3rd time...this time in its screenings in IMAX!

IT WON! Oh, Yes!!!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't be bothered with the 4-hour "Aren't we wonderful" Hollywood thing, (calling Al Gore's movie a "documentary"! Give me strength, Lord!); but then, I'd have to go to someone's house with a TV to watch it anyway!

So, anyone see the "Nativity" movie?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
IT WON! Oh, Yes!!!!

Yes it did, although Cars was the best animated film of the last several years.

One of several mistakes I noticed the Academy make last evening.

Oh well, at least Al and Melissa won (Documentary and Song)!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Oh well, at least Al and Melissa won (Documentary and Song)!"

I rest my case.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
So, anyone see the "Nativity" movie?

Haven't seen it. The reviews are not good, however:

One calls it "a dull retelling of a well-worn tale with the look and feel of a high-school production."

"Even some of the many nuns at the screening I attended were shifting uncomfortably in their wimples."

"A stillborn drama that inspires yawns more than anything else."

"An effective pitch for Christianity as the dullest religion ever."

I can't comment, as I haven't seen it, but almost every review - terrible. It reminds me of something said in the sermon yesterday morning (concerning another issue):

"If one person calls you a horse, they're crazy; if three or four do, buy a saddle."

Mind you, I'd love to see a really good picture about Jesus. I suppose the last one was directed by Scorcese.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"If one person calls you a horse, they're crazy; if three or four do, buy a saddle."

Depends on who those three or four are!
Reminds me of one definition of democracy: 3 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

posted Hide Post
*twiddles thumbs*

Boy oh boy. Glad I'm not a horse.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know what they say about myspace but everyone at work is on it and after trying to leave a message for someone and it not letting me until I was a member, I have a myspace page. If you want to check it out or if your a member, give me a holler....

http://www.myspace.com/rocketsummer1962

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

Okay. I'll bite. What Scorcese film are we taking about here as your favorite Jesus movie?

Blood Diamond would have been my selection for the best movie of the year. I selected Babel because that was one nominated. It's difficult to understand (unless you understand the 'clicks' of Hollywood) how Blood diamond didn't get even nominated and The Departted got the award. Blood Diamond was far, far more revealing of the insidious situation with child soldiers.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Depends on who those three or four are!

Good point. Taken.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
What Scorcese film are we taking about here as your favorite Jesus movie?

I think he only made the one Jesus film, did he not?

I didn't say it was my favourite Jesus movie.

My favourite Jesus film may be a certain recent film directed by a fellow who played Opie Taylor on my favourite TV show. Does that one count?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post