Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
At least that's real and original and not a duplicate.

I know - it's even realer because it's a part of him.

I actually have something similar. It's a Ray thumbprint in blue birthday cake frosting, but it was an accident, which made it even more adorable.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...At least that's real and original and not a duplicate.

Have you never read "Marionettes, Inc"?

Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray used to visit this bookshop, at least, once a year for decades:

http://www.latimes.com/news/na...0422,0,3973695.story

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you live in the Los Angeles area and have nothing better to do on Sunday you might enjoy taking in a movie at the Egyptian in Hollywood to see King of Kings with uncredited narration written by Ray and spoken by Orson Wells.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Ray used to visit this bookshop, at least, once a year for decades:

http://www.latimes.com/news/na...0422,0,3973695.story

I recently returned from a vacation in Paris...my first visit to this beautiful city. I spent time one day wandering around the fascinating Shakespeare and Company bookstore, and found a number of Ray's books, in their British trade paperback editions, sitting on its bookshelves. And, of course, I could not help but notice the famous sign hanging over one of the many rooms in the store: "BE NOT INHOSPITABLE TO STRANGERS LEST THEY BE ANGELS IN DISGUISE". For more information about Shakespeare and Company, the link to its website is here:

http://www.shakespeareandcompany.com/

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rachel Bloom has gotten a Hugo nomination for F**K Me Ray Bradbury.

posted Hide Post
A still of Ray watching the video for the first time.

ImageRayVideo.jpg (67 Kb, 8 downloads)

posted Hide Post
And here is the link to iTunes for the song:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/alb...bradbury/id388035658

posted Hide Post
There is a music division for Hugos?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ms. Bloom's video was nominated for a Hugo under the category, "Best Dramatic Presentation-Short". Here is a complete list of the nominees:

BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION – SHORT
Doctor Who: ‘‘A Christmas Carol’’
Doctor Who: ‘‘The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang’’
Doctor Who: ‘‘Vincent and the Doctor’’
F**k Me, Ray Bradbury
The Lost Thing

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to be there when the nominations are read out!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I'd like to be there when the nominations are read out!

Big Grin

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Jehovah's Witness came to my house today, and handed me some literature on The Watchtower, and spoke to me about how the earthquakes are happening as foretold by prophecy.

I handed him one of my spare copies of "The Stories of Ray Bradbury", and told him I would be interested in speaking more with him about The Watchtower, if he read Ray's book, and came back.

He was enthusiastic! Rightly so. But still, I wonder...

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.wyzant.com/scholars..._Tallahassee-FL.aspx

Would some of you please vote for this essay? Its my little cousin's work, and its being dominated by 200+ plus votes right now.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can one vote without joining and signing into something?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post