Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
This is outside the Kansas City, KS courthouse.

Marvellous! But why? And what other books are there?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
This is outside the Kansas City, KS courthouse.

Marvellous! But why? And what other books are there?

Something about banned books and censorship type of stuff.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jerry Weist collection at auction...including Ray related stuff.

http://www.artdaily.org/index...._sec=2&int_new=48103

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply stated, "Wow!"

I'd love to see photos of Mr. Weist's collection...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Off to direct a film - see you on Monday!

In case you would like to see some photos.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In case you would like to see some photos.

The waitress lady looks pretty talented.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
The waitress lady looks pretty talented.

She's wonderful! Her husband is a fire chief, you know.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is Mrs Beatty?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
She is Mrs Beatty?

That is Roses Prichard, wife of Michael, yes!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The end of a lovely day. Met two wonderful actor friends for a delicious brunch in Sherman Oaks, then on to Ray Bradbury's to visit. Showed him a clip of the documentary I'm working on with him and gave him several gifts that fans had given me for him. Showed him a couple of his older, rarer volumes which I recently obtained, and he loved the Mugnaini drawings in one in particular.

Then he did a wonderful thing - he asked me to read to him. So this lover of Bradbury read to The Master his very own words, watching his face light up. I must have done a pretty fair job because he asked me what I was doing in two weeks' time. "Whatever you want me to", I replied. "Can you come back in two weeks and read me some more of my stories?" I said that I could.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Attached is a view of the North East corner of Olympic and Norton. This is the street corner where Ray sold newspapers. Probably right where that brown mail box is on the left of the picture.

John King Tarpinian

ImageOlympicNorton.JPG (72 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
...right where that brown mail box is on the left of the picture.

You would think that working outside that computer shop all day would make Ray a fan of computers...

This web page shows him on that very corner, back in '38. It seems that the original buildings are no longer there. UNLESS he worked the opposite side of the street to jkt's photo. If you look on Google Streetview, the upper floor window ledges on the opposite side look a bit like the ones in the 1938 photo.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
You'll have to wait until the last 30 seconds to hear how this radio program relates to Ray.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/o...-homemade-limoncell/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you look on Google Streetview, the upper floor window ledges on the opposite side look a bit like the ones in the 1938 photo.

Hey - a Korean spa!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I don't read Korean, so I see only a Korean restaurant.

- Phil