Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ooh, spooky coincidence. I've just been writing about Matheson's adaptation of Martian Chronicles (writing up a conference paper for publication). Then I come over here and find he's just turned 84!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS, What a very special short movie "The Butterfly Circus"! I will definitely share this with my hs classes. Thanks.

Beautiful, really...thought provoking!

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We may want to start a birthday thread to offset "The Leavetaking," if only to help show who's still alive.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
We may want to start a birthday thread to offset "The Leavetaking," if only to help show who's still alive.

Agreed. What shall we call it?

(I feign ingnorance, for I believe the topic post before this one might answer my question.)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider also from DW and s.s. "The Leave Taking":
Great-grandma Spaulding's view of birth, just moments before her own "Leave Taking!"

"I Dreamed a Dream"

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what Project Runway is but Ray is mentioned as an influence for one of the designers:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.co...ryant-park-show.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who Knew? A VW Fahrenheit model existed...

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/v...edition-ar14387.html

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday at 12 noon, This TV is running the complete Martian Chronicles mini-series.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Who Knew? A VW Fahrenheit model existed..

See? You should have gotten that! It would have went so well with your license plate too!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...would have went..."?

Doomed!
We're doomed!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"...would have went..."?

Doomed!
We're doomed!

I'm happy with Inga, the Volvo C30...my official empty nest car.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Hope Springs Eternal. BB training games start today!
"Gone!" as in "Going...going..."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"...would have went..."?

Doomed!
We're doomed!

Went! I abandoned my English major years ago for a degree in theology!

At least I didn't say "would of went"!

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way!" Big Grin

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listen to the Rubber Flowers article about using Dandelion Rubber to make tires.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/loh-down-on-science/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
The Harryhausens & RB visiting 4E at his home circa late sixties.

Thanks to Bill Warren for taking these photos.

"Live Forever!"