Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
No, I just heard about this on NPR today and wondered the same thing. Also, what does Ray think about the troubles of the Pasadena Playhouse?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandy, we were doubtless listening to the same thing at the same time!
I wondered about the Playhouse too.
Doug's down there; maybe he'll investigate and report to us Northerners?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me? No - I had to go east. jkt can report though!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Me? No - I had to go east. jkt can report though!

No way am I going to tell Ray that his beloved Pasadena Playhouse is closing. Frowner

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's heard about the evisceration of the Space Program, though?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
He's heard about the evisceration of the Space Program, though?

I am not going to bring that up,either.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good piece on a Charles Addams book.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listen! You'll have to sign up for a free account to hear the whole thing, but it's easy.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Then there's this.

And this.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ray was on NPR this morning:

http://www.scpr.org/programs/o...sical-wisdom-2116-a/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
And more:

http://www.cyberfrequencies.com/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
It is good to see Mr. Bradbury still speaks his mind freely, one thing I will always love about him.

I do chuckle, when I hear him express his views on todays modern technology with such distaste and hatred. Time never changes him, which I'm grateful for.

I would probably be the same way if I wasn't so attached to the writing processor. (Damn this seducing font-text!)

(chuckle)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the horns of a dilemma; I’ve ordered a new car and have yet to find a good custom license plate. All the combinations for 451 are taken, as is Einar and Martian or Mars. I had settled on USHER II but she-who-must-be-obeyed pointed out more people would think I was a rapper wanna-be. (That never crossed my mind.)

I’m asking all you Scrabble and anagram fans to make suggestions for me. I have seven spaces to fill; numbers and/or letters and/or spaces. Have at it gang, suggest away.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I had settled on USHER II but she-who-must-be-obeyed pointed out more people would think I was a rapper wanna-be. (That never crossed my mind.)

I actually just enjoyed a good LOL imagining jkt rapping!

quote:
I’m asking all you Scrabble and anagram fans to make suggestions for me. I have seven spaces to fill; numbers and/or letters and/or spaces. Have at it gang, suggest away.

I know FH451 is taken - that was Ray's plate a few years ago when he had the black Cadillac (or did that car belong to Patrick?). I though it could be seven or less - as with the FH451. No?

Suggestions:
1. MR.DARK
2. SPLDING
3. OCTOBER
4. TOYNBEE
5. ONWARD!
6. FUTURIA
7. HALLOWN

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Toynbee is taken, darn.

John King Tarpinian