Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I beg to differ regarding frogs. I am self appointed frog gender checkerer in my town, and although in many a case it has been difficult to ascertain gender, I have relied on the frogs for truth in the matter. Believe me when I tell you that although very complex to learn the frog language, it has been well worth the challenge and a lifes dream come true of mine. I am working on a rough draft to a book to be titled Frogs In The Mist. In my town, they call me The Frog Whisperer...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, have you been drinking that Dandelion Wine again?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, never touch the stuff. Just being facetiously whimsical with a little tomfoolery thrown in for spice.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little whimsey and tomfoolery never really hurt anyone.

Buy, Greg, it is 12:20AM and I am hungry and I should goto bed, but I had a nice nap in the afternoon and I have lost 16 pounds in the last three and a half weeks so therefore should not eat anything, but boy is it hard not to.

If I can keep up with this (which I vowed to do with my wife on the same diet) soon I will be but a shadow of my former self and I have posted photos on this board for all to see, so there is no hiding from reality.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And as we bid a fond farewell to our slimming aeronaut, a froggy whispering can be heard from them old Kentucky hills.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
And as we bid a fond farewell to our sliming aeronaut, a froggy whispering can be heard from them old Kentucky hills.

Chap, did you perhaps mean sliMMing aeronaut?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hanging out with frogs IS a slimy proposition.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am reminded of the "riff" in "How To Speak Hip" about the astronaut and his batrachian companion...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sceneshifter:
...whimsical with a little tomfoolery...

Whimsical is a good word. Tomfoolery even better!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This wonderful website and the magical beings that frequent it have slowly transmogrified me into a word smith/enthusiast. I'm racking and flogging my brain for the great American novel idea to squeeze forth from a hopeful Muse...

posted Hide Post
philnic,
Thanks for pointing out my error. I’ve made the correction.

Biplane 1,
Hope you didn’t think I was being rude.

sceneshifter,
How's it going there, Robo?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's going well Chap, thanks for asking. Today was my day off, just piddling and having laundry/reading day. It's gray skies and rather cool here. The weather man said it was supposed to "spritz" this afternoon. Is that a new term?

posted Hide Post
Robomurmershifter,
Being Scandihoovian, "spritz" to me always means a yummy little butter cookie!
Regarding precipitation, my wife, who's Mancunian, always says it's "spitting" when we would say it's "sprinkling". In the Pacific Northwest, we would say it's "normal".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sceneshifter:
The weather man said it was supposed to "spritz" this afternoon. Is that a new term?

"Spritz" is to "sprinkle" what "dysfunctional" is to "sin"!

Ah, modern times.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright; I can't claim that one. Lifted it from the columnist Cal Thomas, who was in our pulpit this past Sunday filling in for The Reverend Doctor Pastor, who is on sabbatical. For five months! To Oxford! U.K.! (And I don't mean the University of Kentucky!)

Must be nice.

"Live Forever!"