Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Spaulding. Don't know what it is? krhap. Just pronounce it out.

It's not crap, it's literature.

Fits nicely on a forum about a writer.

Better than politics or religion, eh?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doug Spaulding
73. And then I discovered that the old car I was driving was possessed by a Bishop Spong. And it never went to the right service dealer or repair shops, but insisted in going to places that didn't' know diddly about transmissions or suspension joints but glossed over everything with a coating of corn starch and perfume, thinking that it would fix everything. I knew better. But then only when I couldn't figure a way to jump from the speeding car going downhill. The other times I drove or sat in a daze.

"Leave Forever"

Friend book-lender, why are you so full of hate towards me? Why are you so threatened? I love you and hope you find what you're looking for.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, lighten-up. LOL

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, lighten-up. LOL

Done. I'm easy. Smiler

Go with God.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
What, you didn't watch that fellow's months of being pregnant on the Oprah Show?

That doesn't count - "he's" really a woman.

Lame.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Doug Spaulding is this autobiographical?

No.

This question was asked and answered previously.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Everything is meaningless. Utterly meaningless.

Sorry - love is never meaningless.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Sorry - love is never meaningless.

But it can be expensive!!!

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
But it can be expensive!!!

Will refrain from comment (for so many reasons).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Miscellany-
Checketh thou out this:
http://www.guzer.com/videos/needle-art.php

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fascinating!

Birmingham, eh? How about that Phil? - a neighbour!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Selling his life's work to a collector for
Twenty Million Dollars is....?
Well...no small sum.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
If you are not familiar with the previous writings of Solomon, you most likely will say,
"Hey, I read this one somewhere," to what follows:

There is a time for everything,
...a season for every activity under
.....heaven.

And I always thought it was the Byrds!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Looks like the dad in The Million Year Picnic.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone especially Ray!

Here's something apt for this time of year. This video really gets interesting and surreal about three quarters of the way in, note the ray-gun. What kind of parents let their kids play with a ray-gun, I mean c'mon folks, that'll put an eye out in a heartbeat.

http://www.archive.org/details/ChrismasHomeMovies1960s

Here's another really special one that I really enjoyed, the title says it all.

http://www.archive.org/details/KidsDogsandKittens

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post