Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'm sure he only sips the sacramental port!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Braling II: If anyone is drinking too much it's likely Bishop Spong.

Quite posibly. His real name, you know, is Bisop Shpong.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it does cause the end of the world, I assume Europeans will be the first to find out.

At the first sign, I will rush to log on to the board and warn everyone! I wonder how many picoseconds warning we might get...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dramatically changing to running subject here~

In the news this week is the starting-up of the Hadron Collider. Stephen Hawking, physics genius, thinks it'll create transient black holes of no consequence.(encouraging) Some others think it'll create a domino effect on the planet and consume it. (not encouraging) The scientist behind the project believe it will uncover as many as 7 (seven) additional dimensions. ("Maybe we'll actually see where dead people go!" is one comment.)

The link below describes the United States attempt to build a collider in Texas. (The photo is from start of the building of the Texas-SSC). It would have been a bigger one. But Congress and the Democratic house said "NO!", too expensive. But 14 miles of tunnels were dug; huge mammoth tunnels far under the ground.

Well, if he world is to end during the next 3 months (the time it takes for this European collider to reach maximum power)...we can blame it all on them instead!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider

Imagessc_tunnel_shaft.jpg (72 Kb, 3 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, does this Hadron collider cause shifts in time? If so, it's working:

I REPLIED to Nard's post about the collider - but now my reply appears EARLIER than his original post!

Spooky is a good word...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm keen to see Spooky Mulder's newest fillum.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you who are in So. Cal. and get CBS 2 Mr. B was just on the news. The City of Long Beach is proposing the closing of their main branch public library.

As soon as I heard the teaser that a world famous author was protesting the potential closure I knew who it was going to be.

I'm going to see if I can find a link to the video clip.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first link has Ray's interview towards the end of the video link. It should come up on the upper right of your screen. His online segment was not as long as the piece that aired on the TV. The bastards!

http://cbs2.com/links

This link is an OpEd piece about the closing in the Press-Telegram.

http://www.presstelegram.com/opinions/ci_10108491

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they have re-arranged their links, but if you type in the name Bradbury in the search bar, it will take you right to it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Settling in California

Have you settled yet? Where-abouts?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have that one in my Tonight Show DVD collection. Johnny was wonderful with the animals (and pretty good with the humans, too).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ray has related that in the very early days of Carson, when the Tonight Show as 90 minutes, Ray was on after Don Rickles. Ray was saddended that he did not get zinged by D.R. while on the air.

After the show, Ray asked Don why he did not get a zinger. Don replied that he respected him too much...then promptly zinged him good.

(For those of you under fifty I'm sorry for this post.)

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I miss Carson.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So do I!

"Live Forever!"