Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Golden Compass is no kids' movie and carries a very sinister theme (and agenda).

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I've heard about those stories is they are said to be rather well-written, at least in places, and supposed to be the "anti-Narnia."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the bits and pieces of the following movies within the confines of Golden Compass trailer...

Pirates of the Caribbean
Doctor Zhivago
Narnia
King Kong
Lord of ther Rings
Some western, title forgotten
Harry Potter
Titantic
Waterworld
Star Wars
...a Merchant/Ivory Production
Pan's Labyrinth

(I'm leaving a few others out. But they're there! Oh, yeah! Talking animals (DÆMONS), too!)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daemon is a good word.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was going thru YOUTUBE old TV programmings, and it suddenly hit me...likely obvious to a lot of people by now: All the old TV programs, old radio programs, movies, etc etc etc....is going to be available on sites like YOUTUBE. Everything ever filmed or broadcast will get categorized for easy access. And since talk of melting both Television and the internet together within 5-7 years is bouncing around, it'll be the new library un-imagined. And that's just the start...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9d-BXBq94Q

(...at the same time, I figure an absolutely new medium of communication is upcoming, nothing of the likes ever seen before, or imagined!)

posted Hide Post
Love them Honeymooners!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clearly Michael Lewis has never sneezed that most excellent pollen that is book dust or smelled the paper within.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Noted in this miscellaneous forum....

...anyone nearby Los Angeles who may be interested in the large AIDS meeting at the church I attend, may find the partial speakers list herewithin. Unannounced are some of both Republican and Democrat Presidential hopefuls speaking as well...
http://www.purposedriven.com/en-US/HIVAIDSCommunity/Glo...+Summit+Speakers.htm

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
...anyone nearby Los Angeles who may be interested in the large AIDS meeting at the church I attend, may find the partial speakers list herewithin.

I notice that Bob Bradberry will be there.

Close, but...

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Clearly Michael Lewis has never sneezed that most excellent pollen that is book dust or smelled the paper within.

This is no solution to books.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nico: This may be the same ink that is being pioneered by XEROX. I believe Xerox called it Radio Paper/ Electronic Ink.

The application down the road 10 years calls for a sheet of something likened to plastic, that has all the appearances of the front page of a newspaper, or the front cover of a magazine. No other gadget involved. Pictures move with audio; pages change thru an electronic signal with icons displayed on the sides of the pages. Once this gets perfected, I would venture to say that the trees of the forest can stop holding their breath, and the printers start shaking in their boots. Traditional ink and paper may take a back seat permanently.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The application down the road 10 years calls for a sheet of something likened to plastic, that has all the appearances of the front page of a newspaper, or the front cover of a magazine. No other gadget involved. Pictures move with audio; pages change thru an electronic signal with icons displayed on the sides of the pages.

The Daily Prophet already does that trick - we just need a little witchery!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Traditional ink and paper may take a back seat permanently.

Say it isn't so!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:
We are on the very dawn of a great and amazing beginning of communicating to each other that goes beyond books and the printed page. It is the masses having in their hands the power to speak to the world at large. It began with the printing press, continues with the internet in a large way, and will evolve into things we cannot imagine because of not only new information man will acquire, but the methods and means to communicate it. Will the printed page be out of print? Never. But we will see it like never before ...and stand back in awe.