Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Being baited, I like that the British say "rum do". Further, I like that they say "and no mistake."

I know what you mean - I can't stand chocolate on my biscuits! A much better recipe is a warm butter/sugar mixture. Mmmm...buttermilk biscuits...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the McVitie's plain chocolate biscuits. Pretty darn good. Mrs. Braling prefers the milk chocolate ones. I actually like the regular old digestives best.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is for Nard and anyone else who cares to give some advice. I have a strong urge to call Ray on Halloween and wish him the best. I'm fully capable of doing this but I'm a little scared not only to possibly intrude but just in awe of actually speaking to him. Should I do this?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Should I do this?

Would he know who you were should you do this?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Being baited, I like that the British say "rum do". Further, I like that they say "and no mistake."

Aww, you detected the bait. The British rarely, in fact, say "rum do" or "and no mistake", except in very cheap dramatisations of Sherlock Holmes.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a fair cop. Somebody must've grassed.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very well, then - I like that the British say "dramatisations", with an "s".

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, no he would not know who I am other than a major fan.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
...no he would not know who I am other than a major fan.

Difficult to say. By all means, do whatever you feel like doing. He may ask how you got his number, but then he may be very genial.

I have called him a handful of times during the last year or so, but he personally gave me his number. Difficult to say.

jkt and Nard know him better than I - perhaps they could advise.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I've only communicated via snail mail with him and he was the utmost congenial with signing and writing back. Patrick inadvertently left it visible in one of the communiques he sent. The office number was there and he blacked out the home number in purple marker but it is still visible. It's such a strong temptation to call and say "boo" from his number one billionth fan! Plus to hear his voice on the phone. I better leave well enough alone though, he is probably extra busy on Halloween. If Alexandra said it was alright, then maybe....

I just thought of a unique question probably best answered by Doug or Phil. Are the Bradbury girls/ladies fans of their father's writing? What is their favorite book if so? I know Alexandra is closest to him it seems, so it may be best annswered by her if possible.

posted Hide Post
Time for another "ask Ray" effort on Nard's part, do you think? He never got all the questions asked last time, after all.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Competition amongst the news media, newspapers, TV, radio, is heated-up to ALLTIME high temp as they fight each other and... the ONLINE news!! You catch stuff online, and it'll be tomorrow before it hits the local newspapers, and an hour later at least before TV and radio.

But what about the near future...when you plug into your iPOD or iPHONE or...? and program, say ...Bank Robbery"..into your device and immediate, in real time, select from a menu of all Bank Robberies going on?? What? Choose from 8 bank robberies going on simutaneously across the world? Yep? NOW THAT'S keeping up with the news!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II:

Da Vinci Hidden score?
Hmm!!
But here is one of my top 3 favorite unhidden musical videos: (these are best listened to with ear-phones!!!)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BUgKb-5u6v4

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post