Ray Bradbury Forums
Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/7141052362

15 March 2007, 12:34 PM
Phil Knox
Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Very much enjoyed the StarWars video link you listed.

Concerning your dog, Peter, check this out-

http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~cypert/dick/inheaven.html

15 March 2007, 12:39 PM
Braling II
"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons."
James Thurber
15 March 2007, 04:51 PM
ravenswake
There was an episode of the Twilight Zone on Sci-Fi a few nights ago called "The Hunt," which exemplifies the value of a good dog. Condolences, Nard.
19 March 2007, 10:47 AM
Nard Kordell
...talking about the Twilight Zone...
Buck Jones, upcoming country western singer, was killed while walking on a road after a tire blew out on his vehicle. Strange the title-link to his myspace site, and that it was a drunk driver that killed him this very weekend.

http://www.myspace.com/youonlycallmewhenyouredrunk
20 March 2007, 10:54 PM
dandelion
How very sad! Condolences to Mr. Jones's family and fans!
21 March 2007, 10:19 AM
rocket
I just got back from The Grind, a local coffee shop where I released six books. It is a bookcrossing.com drop off zone. I released Franny & Zoey by Salinger, To Kill A Mockingbird, Quicker Than The Eye(I had a doublet), A Tale Of Two Cities, Red Badge Of Courage, Robots Of Dawn. I caught one for the first time too which is exciting, it is A Dream Of Wolves by Michael C. White. Its fun plus I'm now amped up on coffee bigtime, going out for a few to read in the warm spring sunshine, later peoples.....

p.s. you can go to bookcrossing.com and check on my stuff or just scope out this wonderful site, my screen name there is rocketsummer1.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
21 March 2007, 07:09 PM
fjp451
Coffee and books! "Amped" is a good word. It kind of makes you "Giddy!"

Rocketman, does this apply?
http://www.peak.org/~jeremy/errors/404.jpg
19 April 2007, 01:56 AM
Chapter 31
“Come away, O human child!
…For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand.”
--Yeats

Oh, the sharp, biting, sad days of this week!

Time I think to stop in at the Baldwin sisters for some of the recipe and then take a walk down the back road to Ike Godsey’s store. I’m not sure how to get there but I think it’s just around the corner from Ray Bradbury’s.
19 April 2007, 08:32 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
I’m not sure how to get there but I think it’s just around the corner from Ray Bradbury’s.

I believe it is also within walking distance of Rod Serling's hometown, and Willoughby.

"Live Forever!"
19 April 2007, 09:00 AM
Chapter 31
Yah, and if you squint real hard out of the corner of your eye you can see someone sitting on Ray’s porch when you walk buy. Maybe I should stop and chat with them. They might know the way to Ike’s.
19 April 2007, 12:14 PM
dandelion
In the evening we'll all have a nice long sit on the porch and then say, "Good night, John-boy."
19 April 2007, 10:55 PM
Chapter 31
Well, I’d be thankful just to be allowed to sit on the steps and I’d do a lot of listening and maybe someone would launch a firebaloon.
19 April 2007, 11:57 PM
dandelion
All right, but that there might be too much excitement.
20 April 2007, 08:47 AM
Nard Kordell
On a totally different, and very sad note:
Virginia Massacre claims Science-fiction writer's son.

Michael Bishop's son, Jamie Bishop, was killed in the Virginia shooting few days ago. He taught German and was a science fiction artist as well.

Condolences to Michael and his family.
20 April 2007, 10:01 PM
Chapter 31
Thanks for the info, Nard. That’s why I decided to stop in at the Baldwin’s.

Dandy, I think it’s a lot less exciting (but more satisfying) than sitting on the park bench I’m on across from Kelsey’s and watching the beer sign flash on and off.

Have to go. The Baldwin’s weren’t home but I got an invite from Dr. Henry Jekyll and the Brewster sisters to have a few drinks out their way and here’s the trolley now. Mr. Bishop just got off and tipped his hat to me as I do likewise to him.