Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Cool pictures(and t-shirts)!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! to Ray Bradbury and all from the Druid City.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Image1_DruidHappyHalloween.jpg (258 Kb, 12 downloads) DruidHappy

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harlan!

I was invited to this event by Ms Martel. I wonder if I'll go.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go! Go on my behalf! I came THAT close to meeting HE earlier this year, but his health kept him away from the events I was attending. HE appearances are few and far between, so every opportunity should be taken!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awww, I am sorry for you both and hope Mr. Ellison is better. I haven't always cared for his attitude, but some of his work is great.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I haven't always cared for his attitude, but some of his work is great.
I don't care for his opinion on 4E (a sweeter man you won't find). Harlan is just relentless in his dislike of Ackerman, but I guess he has that right.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I haven't always cared for his attitude, but some of his work is great.
I don't care for his opinion on 4E (a sweeter man you won't find). Harlan is just relentless in his dislike of Ackerman, but I guess he has that right.

Has what right? What's not to like about Ackerman?

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only specific upsetting incident that I know of (if I recall correctly) was Ackerman's (alleged) untimely zeal in wanting to make a death mask of Robert Bloch. Pretty grim, if you ask me, and not particularly endearing.

Also some dissatisfaction (shared by many in the field) with Ackerman's invention and promulagation of the term "sci-fi".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
The only specific upsetting incident that I know of (if I recall correctly) was Ackerman's (alleged) untimely zeal in wanting to make a death mask of Robert Bloch. Pretty grim, if you ask me, and not particularly endearing.

Well, you gotta catch 'em fresh. Anyone get one of him?

posted Hide Post
Norman Corwin's 100th Birthday Celebration

http://www.cartradio.com/norma...irthday-tribute.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This forum is so big, it takes two philnics to moderate!

See the Northwest section of the page:

Moderators: philnic, philnic

Or perhaps one is a philnic II. philnic II, meet Braling II.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I thought that was just a quirk on MY screen, but if you can see it too... then there MUST be two of me.

Good.

It means I can spend half of my time resting, down in the basement.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I just tried to go downstairs. It seems I don't have a basement.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I thought that was just a quirk on MY screen, but if you can see it too... then there MUST be two of me.

Good.

It means I can spend half of my time resting, down in the basement.

Presumably I approved you twice, resulting in too much of a good thing...but let's not question.

posted Hide Post
Roses are red, violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic, and so am I!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For philnic.....and philnic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdMV42czPCI

I'm Alive!

Posts: 32 | Location: Cardigan, Wales | Registered: 19 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post