Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
How strange that she spells her name differently to her dad... Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
How strange that she spells her name differently to her dad... Big Grin

I cannot blame it on my Blackberry this time. At least I used vowels... Razzer

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.latimes.com/enterta...10117,0,714027.story

Today's Los AngelesTimes has a small piece on one of Ray's favorites: Laurel and Hardy and The Music Box...plus those steps, oh those steps.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ann Taylor:
Dear Doug, why?

Why what?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pioneers of Television on your local PBS station. If you missed the first episode which was on sci-fi on television you really should tray to catch it in repeats...especially about 47 minutes into the program.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Pioneers of Television on your local PBS station. If you missed the first episode which was on sci-fi on television you really should tray to catch it in repeats...especially about 47 minutes into the program.

I shall do! Tomorrow night at 10 on KOCE here in LA.

Good clip.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I haven't been on for awhile, sorry. Doug, I was just teasing you about recording all those shows. I guess on a message board I may have been too vague. Next time I'll make it more clear when I am joking. I'm sorry to leave you wondering.

Posts: 16 | Location: Greentown | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ann Taylor:
Oh, I haven't been on for awhile, sorry. Doug, I was just teasing you about recording all those shows. I guess on a message board I may have been too vague. Next time I'll make it more clear when I am joking. I'm sorry to leave you wondering.

Oh, because I DVR'd the whole thing! Now I have multitudinous (a good word) L&H shorts to watch at convenient times.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

By some inexplicable marvel of modern technology, I was able to watch this PBS show... I found it quite interesting and amusing, although it wasn't exactly an in-depth study. The Bradbury-Serling connection was covered in a fleeting moment. I had hoped it might tell some of the hitherto untold story of what went on between the two, but it didn't. I've seen some of the correspondence from the final days of Bradbury's and Serling's working relationship, and the supposed missing scene from "I Sing the Body Electric!" is not really anything to do with the two men "never working together again".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, you know more about that situation than most people.

Speaking of modern technology, we got DirecTV and now my VCR doesn't work! Haven't been able to videotape a damn thing since it was connected! Not really a bad thing as since there doesn't seem to be a guide to tell you what's on which channel when, I wouldn't know what to tape, if I could.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I need to research L and H to appreciate their appeal. Wink

Posts: 16 | Location: Greentown | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
The Bradbury-Serling connection was covered in a fleeting moment. I had hoped it might tell some of the hitherto untold story of what went on between the two, but it didn't. I've seen some of the correspondence from the final days of Bradbury's and Serling's working relationship, and the supposed missing scene from "I Sing the Body Electric!" is not really anything to do with the two men "never working together again".

I noticed that myself. The incident which was referenced does not line up with what Ray told me, and I once directly asked him what happened. He told me a lot more. I also got more from GCJ, who knew a little about the situation. It certainly wasn't just because Rod cut a scene!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I keep meaning to dig out Marc Scott Zicree's TZ book, which might be the source of this "cut scene" story. (I'm pretty sure Zicree refers to this, and otherwise has to gloss over the Serling-Bradbury rift because neither Bradbury nor anyone else wanted to talk about it on the record.)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see what they said off record. The reason I asked the question in the first place is so many people have said such negative things about Serling it's making me guilty for liking him--yet I respect a lot of people who like him even more than I do.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
It would be interesting to see what they said off record. The reason I asked the question in the first place is so many people have said such negative things about Serling it's making me guilty for liking him.

Well, I'm glad to tell you. Off the record, of course. He never said that I shouldn't repeat it. I don't think he really cares.

I wouldn't feel guilty about liking him - he's perhaps the finest TV writer of drama ever!

"Live Forever!"