Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I have always liked the idea of Faber the pencil inscribing Montag the paper. It's a great metaphor for the relationship between the two characters in F451.

I also like the idea of Ray sitting with pencil and paper thinking, "Now what shall I call these characters?" then casting his eyes around his "magician's toyshop" for inspiration, just like at the beginning of Ray Bradbury Theater.

Of course, it could have turned out very differently. The professor might have been named Bic , and the fireman might have been named Lionbrand.

And here's a fascinating article on a related technology Mr Bradbury might be familiar with:
http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2...ry-typewriters/all/1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Under History look at the second paragraph. You will notice the name of a paper company that became a well known fictional character...

What I find interesting is that Montag was brand name of MEAD. Wasn't Leonard Mead the protagonist of "The Pedestrian"? (He might also have been the name of the protagonist in "The Fireman" before Bradbury revised it as F451 - I will need to check my copy of MATCH TO FLAME to confirm this).

Mead acquired Montag in 1960. Ray was a man ahead of his time.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I've officially gone over the top. Attached is the vanity plate for my new car.

I think we still have to hand it to the girl who had "Montag" tattooed on her arm.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Illustrated Man today!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Skin illustrations!!!"
Big Grin
Amazing though. Nice smile.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH! The humanity!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's aging quite well for a colored man. (chuckles)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is something Bradburians might appreciate. The website OpenSource posted an independent film by Whitestone Motion Pictures called Heartless: The Story of the Tinman.

Here is the webpage by Whitestone:
http://www.whitestonemotionpic.../films2-2/heartless/

The writings of L. Frank Baum were an early influence on Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes!!

Three new downloads are now available at twilightzoneradio.com.

This includes Ray Bradbury's I Sing the Body Electric! http://www.twilightzoneradio.com/

Click where it says download indvidual episodes and scroll down to bottom.

posted Hide Post
Off to Florida for five days! Talk amongst yourselves.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a good tome of course, and enjoy! Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...Talk amongst yourselves.

It's what we do best!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray and Illustrated Man were mentioned by Craig Ferguson Thursday night Friday morning).

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Off to Florida for five days! Talk amongst yourselves.

Be sure to visit my relatives-in-law down in the bayou!

An idea

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo from the 81st birthday parties for one of Ray protégés: George Clayton Johnson. George is wearing his party hat and beads for the happy event.

John King Tarpinian

ImagePartyHat.jpg (195 Kb, 6 downloads)