Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'm speechless. I updated the thread on the assumption that they were hidden--not gone--and replying would bring them back!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ha ha ha ha...this thread was haunted all right...
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This deleting of so many threads is some sort of censorship, but I don't know what sort. "Mistaken Deletion" censorship? Is there such a thing?

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We better hope the site isn't developing a mind of its own. Machinery becoming intelligent--forming independent thought--be afraid...be VERY afraid!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Esp. if you have a computer named HAL.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diabolus en machina!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I found a 9-page version of this thread by doing a Google search! Let's see how this works at bumping it up!

Rats. Replying to it didn't materialize pages 3-9 as I'd hoped it would, but here is a url to the 9-page version, starting with page 3, which seems to be the first one missing, and ending with a post on page 9 dated August 25: http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000087-3.html

Can any computer whiz figure out a way to make it appear here in its entirety? I tried moving the entire topic to another forum, but it opened with just the two pages currently in view. That closed the topic in this forum, which I then reopened, but again it opened with just those two. What can be done about this?

I even managed, quite painlessly, to copy the entire 9 pages in their original form onto my desktop, but have NO IDEA of how to move either the entire thread, or just the relevant parts, to this folder! If possible I'd like to install the original 9 pages here and then somehow add these newer posts which appear only in the 2-page version to combine into one giant thread. Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 09-16-2004).]

posted Hide Post
Thumbs up for dilligence.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's Amazing!

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This NASA picture speaks for itself. Picture was taken from the Mars Orbiter. We're 'scratching' new 'lines' on the face of Mars.
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/figures/PIA06879_fig1.jpg

This following picture was released today, Sept 28th. Wonderful picture of Mars: http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/2004/09/28/2004.09.28.R2100321.gif

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, there's a contact link for the board providers here where you're supposed to be able to fill out a Help Form. I haven't had the patience yet, but if no one else does it first I will try.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I saw the previews for that movie when I was at the theater recently. It looks like it's going to be either really funny or really stupid. I do love Bill Murray, though.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, Arthur C. Clarke seems okay: http://www.space.com/news/tsunami_clarke_041227.html

posted Hide Post
JUST...PLAIN...WEIRD! The "old" page (with the missing posts) is still accessible through the url, but going to the first two pages on that version, (the number left after the rest went missing) shows the NEW first pages, including the latest posts. Replying to the end of the "old" version now just to see what happens.

(They're hiding, they're hiding....)

Making another call for computer whizzes to restore the lost, as this thread is still leading parallel lives!

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 01-01-2005).]