Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
After opening the site, you fold in HALF of the required info, then click on AGREE, then fold in the other half, then you'll be FULLY baffled.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains: That link I gave you will walk you thru the entire thing. Right under the photo of the 'galaxy' is a link that includes the number 4.2. That will walk you thru the process. Or on thee upper right hand corner is a green thingie that you click on and it'll take you thru the maps process. You'll know you won't have enough memory...it'll say so. To get more memory dump all the trash. Otherwise, you got three rooms of trash in a four room apartment and there is no room to move around.

Braling II: My grandfather had some bellows that were FULLY baffled.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hail bellows well met.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, we must be related! At least, we both possess the Pun Gene.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alas, a mutation!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mentioned here once before how I had observed a young man in a wheeled chair on the side of the road--and now I’ve come across another. Different side of the road this time, across from the donut shop as I was getting into my car. A plump adventurer with long hair blown back by the breeze along with the smoke from the cigarette he was smoking with a sort of FDR demeanor; an Oscar Wilde looking kind of fellow streaking along the sidewalk with that stream of smoke trailing behind him, like some human engine with the advantage of wheels; a man with a destination on a chariot without horses; a Marlboro Man for the Aughts. I hope there’s a bright place at both ends of the trail for him and that the smoke does not someday harm the bellows of the engine.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that guy in Sacramento!!! He was on one of our busier streets where it's a freeway overpass, so the traffic is extra thick, and he was not on the sidewalk, but in the bike lane.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Chap, very nice. Hope your doing swell!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CLIMATE CHANGE

Here's a just-released report on Climate Change, which seems to support the talk of many anti-climate change proponents ...that all the exhaust fumes, coal burning companies, etc etc are not the real culprit, but the cycles the earth.
Don't look for long term investment in sea coast properties.
http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2...ml&cvqh=itn_sealevel

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today - is: National (?) Punctiation ... Day!

http://www.nationalpunctuationday.com/

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another take on Shooting Stars:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=719635&fr=&cache=1

"Quick! Make a wish!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII, per: Punctuation Day and your video: "Holy @#$^!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw!
I just read an article in "Scientific American" by notable Microsoft founder Bill Gates that the word "robot" was popularized by Czech playwright Karel Capek. Checking this out, I discovered it's true. From a play titled R.U.R. by Karel Capek, tho he later claimed his brother Josef really coined the word!

Humff! And I always thought Isaac Asimov was the human behind "robot".

posted Hide Post
I seem to recall "R.U.R" was being frequently staged by several high school and junior college drama departments for a while there in the '60s. I wonder if will have another resurgence in popularity.

posted Hide Post
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Putting my entire 2-Page YOUTUBE collection link online here for those who want to take a cafeteria style pick on interesting items. Everything from Bradbury and more Bradbury, to Stephen King and the fires in California. I do this because I've gotten comments pertaining to some of the stuff that can be found here.

Here's the best way to answer ALL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=netcinema&p=r

__________________________________________________________________________________________