Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper - A Miscellany of Topics
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nard, I just can almost not put into words how fortunate you are to have a friend of his caliber(not only because he is a famous author)! I know that you treasure every nanosecond that you share with him. It had to be well worth your move even if that was the primary reason. It must have been very important indeed to turn down his invite. I look forward to seeing the new photo's posted as well. Do me a huge favor, tell him that his number one billionth fan says hello and wishes him the best in health, happiness, and spirit. Plus, good luck with his new book that everyone is frothing at the mouth to get in their hands. Thank you Nard.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot Lincoln...and The Gang::
Greetings and Salutations to Ray from all. I should see Ray possibly Friday, definitely next week... and make mention of each of your requests. By the way, Robot Lincoln, this whole thing with Bradbury has been always since day one, a 'religious' adventure. If you ever read my earlier posts, you would see how personally crazy it's all been...

Here it is, 4:42AM in the morning of Thursday.
Will post some pictures now ...and so check them out on the main Bradbury website...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Nard, thanks for all you do.
I hope to be able to visit with the man someday. I did meet him twice, but that was at lectures he gave in the '70s, so it's not like he'd remember me.
Maybe I could get an intro set up and combine a visit to Mr. B, my son, and the famous Stan & Babe steps!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out the 16 brand-new photos from Ray Bradbury's personal collection on or before Wednesday, September 20th, 2006.
http://www.catchaway.com

--------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-17-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nard, cannot wait to see all the new ones!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as per Ray Bradbury old photos:

The last ones I put on my website (on the first week of October)...may be the last of them for awhile. I mean, how many times can I keep knocking on Ray's door asking to rifle thru one of his many boxes of photographs? Who purposely determines to wear out his or her welcome?

Went tonight to hear Buzz Aldrin speak. Scattering of people shopwed up and Aldrin 'buzzed' out of the theater with great rapidity after the Q&A. I managed to talk to his wife, but that was about it. One of the people that showed up was Gene Rodenberry's son, Rod. Talked to him briefly. It went something like this:

"You ever have a time when you were influenced by any of Ray Bradbury's writings?"
"Naw I can't say."
"You ever read any of Ray's writings?"
"Naw I can't say."
"Do you read ANYONE?"
"Naw, I can't say."
(pause)
"But I'm interested in sharks."

End of conversation.

Afterwards went to get somethinhg to eat. Sat right by that wild and funny guy (not Steve Martin) on Seinfeld. I was going to ask him if he ever was influenced by Ray Bradbury but he paid his bill and checked out with some blonde on his arm before I could muster the courage to do so.

Afterwards, I went home, and the traffic was ...f..a..s..t....on the 405!

==========================================

posted Hide Post
Nard, since this is miscellany, and I'm a logophile, I thought I'd observe what may be peculiar to a Southern California regional dialect; i.e. referring to highway/route numbers preceded by the definite article "the".
E.g, here, in central CA (and most other places I've been), giving directions one might say, "take 17 North to 280 South to 680..." "Angelino-ese" for this would be "take the 17 North to the 280 South to the 680..." Anyway, I found this interesting, as my son, who has been at USC for a few years, has picked this up.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
So I said, well, that must be something along the lines of re-incarnation. He agreed.

There is much evidence that Jesus taught reincarnation. Remember, Jesus was an Essene, whose faith is more similar to Hindu than to modern Pistic Christianity.

The Essenes today:

http://www.essene.com/

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Furthermore, there are two ways to slide easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, please...!
This nonsense was peddled by charlatans who studied more than you (and could drop more names, too) with some success in the '20s and even more in the '60s. Do you even know the first thing about the Essenes? What's your motive here? If you really want to believe in something other than Traditional Christianity, go ahead; but please don't insult those of us who know what we believe with these half-baked attempts at "enlightening" us about our faith!

Back to Bradbury!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh oh - looks like I'm a rock in someone's footpath!

Back to Bradbury! Did you know that RB believes in reincarnation!?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"A man's got to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another drink."
- W. C. Fields

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I've been able to tell, RB believes in reincarnation, IF he believes anything at ALL about immortality of the soul, which has brought dismay to many of his fans with conflicting beliefs.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since this another "miscellany" thread, and since I haven't heard or read anything yet about it yet this morning, I thought I'd add, "Remember Pearl Harbor!"

posted Hide Post
Did. Put the flag out.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post